INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging User Fields from within Theatre View  (Read 818 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Tagging User Fields from within Theatre View
« on: October 24, 2018, 01:17:43 am »

I have two User Fields that I use in custom Views to show programs that are my favourites, and those that are actively being recorded at the moment, or those I am actively watching. I have just added the [Active] field actually, and built an"Active Favourites" View that I use to show a limited number of program Series I might want to watch at any given time.

So the fields are [FavouriteTV] (displayed as FTV to keep it short) and [Active]. They are both flagged as Video tags, are integer, Relational with respect to [Series], and have an Edit Type of "Check".

When I use the tag function in Theatre View, these User Fields are not displayed in the list of available tags to change.

I thought that the function at "Options > Theatre View > Advanced > Tag menu fields (video)" might enable me to select these fields so that they are displayed at the top of the tags list. But these User Fields aren't displayed in that list either, and there is no way to enter them, just a list to select from.

Other User Fields, which have actually been included in the Library by JRiver, such Initial Key, Mood, Movement, Preference, Work, etc. are Audio fields, do appear in the list at "Options > Theatre View > Advanced > Tag menu fields (audio)" , but do not appear in the list available in Theatre View.

Should my User Field be listed in the above two locations?
If not, could they be made to display in these lists?

Thanks for your consideration.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

swiv3d

Re: Tagging User Fields from within Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 05:46:54 pm »

Must agree with RoderickGI - it is a little frustrating to create a user field and then not be able to use it the way you had intended.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 07:06:28 pm »

I'll take a look soon and follow up here.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 08:46:07 pm »

Thanks Matt.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 07:58:17 am »

I think this is because you selected the edit type of "check".  User fields show up until that change.  I'm guessing Theater View has no way of showing check type edits, so just hides the fields instead.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 05:24:32 pm »

Ah yes, I see that now I look.

I was expecting it to work like, for example, the "Do not record reruns" setting which is available when configuring a recording subscription in Theatre View. In that case, the setting has a value of "Yes" or "No" and selecting the item toggles between the two. Same with the "Do not record if previously recorded" setting. That isn't setting tags, but similar concept.

Of course, I can just check and uncheck my fields via Standard View, but I was hoping to simplify the process by doing it in Theatre View using my remote, while I had the Series up on the screen. Using Standard View means picking up the keyboard, searching the Shows view for the Series I want to toggle, selecting the Series, and then un/checking the field.

Could MC be made to toggle "Check" edit type fields?
Pages: [1]   Go Up