INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restart Media Server feature  (Read 1087 times)

mb2k

• Recent member
Restart Media Server feature
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:40:16 pm »

I asked this a while ago, but never got any responses so hoping to get a response this go round.

In a nutshell, I often add media to my JRiver db (via windows explorer - media center --> add to media. I then often make minor changes such is tag updates, etc. When I need to see the file on a client device with Gizmo, I have to shut down and restart media server to see the newly added file.

Is there any way (or is there already any way) to have a function or button that allows me to update the database info used by Gizmo?

Thanks.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Restart Media Server feature
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 12:59:34 am »

I have the same request - albeit for DLNA devices.  Content is added to the filesystem, MC imports it, but all DLNA devices that have already accessed the MC DLNA server do not get the new content.  I either restart MC or make a change to the DLNA server settings that forces a restart

It would be great to be able to trigger an update via mcc command and via existing remotes (gizmo, jremote, panel)

thanks,

Steve

mb2k

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:03:20 pm »

Yup, that's the exact issue I'm referring to.

Would be nice if there were a "Restart DLNA Server" button.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 03:20:48 pm »

I think MC keeps serving new items via DLNA as they are imported, so it may depend on your client app (Gizmo etc.) how library data is being updated on their side.
Instead of restarting MC's server, it might be easier to restart Gizmo or, depending on your client views, try to navigate back & forth to see if new items are found...

NB: Media Server is restarted every time you open 'Options' and close it with 'OK' (not 'Cancel' ;-)...
"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)
Pages: [1]   Go Up