INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC23 Media library View just repeats folders [Solved]  (Read 1004 times)

bigcuedaddy

• Junior Woodchuck
  • computers are just a fad
MC23 Media library View just repeats folders [Solved]
« on: July 20, 2018, 07:36:01 pm »

When I use XBox or iPad to access media library using (I assume) DLNA server, I don’t actually get any files to show up. I get the 4 options of VIDEOS PLAYLISTS IMAGES AUDIO, but no matter which option I select, it shows the same options over and over again, and never shows any files.  Obviously, I’ve got something setup incorrectly, but no idea what.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC23 Media library View just repeats folders
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 01:51:27 pm »

When I use XBox or iPad to access media library using (I assume) DLNA server, I don’t actually get any files to show up. I get the 4 options of VIDEOS PLAYLISTS IMAGES AUDIO, but no matter which option I select, it shows the same options over and over again, and never shows any files.  Obviously, I’ve got something setup incorrectly, but no idea what.

You need to create a new DLNA server in MC by using the xbox compatible DLNA server template
OR if the Xbox is your ONLY media network renderer,
in the default server under advanced options, turn on WMC compat.

jr01

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 06:12:30 pm »

Tagging along..,I have the same issue. 
On MC 24.0.53 on MAC OS.  Generic DLNA Server created with WMC & Playstation Compatible.  Irrespective of the client ( Oppo or Apple TV or any app) , running into the same problem.

DLNA Server,DLNA Renderer & DLNA controller are all enabled under Tools->Options->Media Network->Advanced
Device Discovery Server,DLNA Media Renderer,DLNA Media Server,DLNA Subscription Server,Library Server are all running.

Pls advice
thanks

jr01

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 07:20:25 pm »

Issue fixed.  I had to uncheck the WMC & Playstation compatible in the Advanced options in Media Network. Now folders/files display OK.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 12:38:14 pm »

Issue fixed.  I had to uncheck the WMC & Playstation compatible in the Advanced options in Media Network. Now folders/files display OK.
Good find.
You generally want to configure a second server if you are using WMC (xbox).
Pages: [1]   Go Up