INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Swiss  (Read 577 times)

switch6343

• Recent member
Radio Swiss
« on: November 13, 2018, 08:15:15 pm »

Please note that Radio Swiss Classic and Radio Swiss Jazz broadcast in AAC Plus 96 bit, but Bitdepth is stated as 16 bit and Sample Rate is stated at 44.1 kHz in MC (which I'm playing as a playlist, not as built-in Radio JRiver Streaming functionality.

My question: are these Internet Radio Stations to be considered "lossless", as the broadcast is in 96 bit AAC (Plus), which is a lossless audio codec? I am confused.

Here is the site where you can see that e.g. Radio Swiss Classic is broadcasting in AAC Plus 96 bit: http://www.radioswissclassic.ch/en/reception/internet

I have above Internet Radio Stations imported as Playlists, using the URLs mentioned at the bottom of the page.

However when I create a Tab in View in MC for Bitdepth and Sample Rate, it always shows 16 bit for Bitdepth and 44.1 kHz for sample rate, irrespective of broadcasts in 128 bit MP3 or AAC 96 bit for all my Internet Radio station playlists.

Or is the bitdepth and sample rate showing the wrong data? My guess is that these should be empty, since MP3 and AAC are lossy audio codecs, hence bitdepth and sample rate are way lower.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Radio Swiss
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 10:31:29 am »

No.  They aren't lossless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up