INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA: Transcode DTS-Stream to AC-3 for specific renderer  (Read 873 times)

midrag

• Recent member
DLNA: Transcode DTS-Stream to AC-3 for specific renderer
« on: November 18, 2018, 11:40:27 am »

Hi folks,

the actual Samsung UHD television series (https://www.samsung.com/de/tvs/uhd-tv/) does not support DTS tracks.
It would be really great if MC could transcode the DTS track for a specific renderer (in this case a Samsung UHD TV) in, for example, a AC3 coded track.
i know that there is a feature for audio files (Options -> Media Network -> Add or configure DLNA servers -> Audio -> Advanced -> DSP-Studio).
It would be great if it could be used also for videofiles (just transcoding the audio track leaving the video track untouched).
What do you think?

best regards,
midrag

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA: Transcode DTS-Stream to AC-3 for specific renderer
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 03:21:24 pm »

We're planning on adding options that allow only changing the video, or only changing the audio, or keeping both and changing the container.
But thats still on the sketch board and probably won't arrive for a few more months.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: DLNA: Transcode DTS-Stream to AC-3 for specific renderer
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 01:59:19 am »

We're planning on adding options that allow only changing the video, or only changing the audio, or keeping both and changing the container.
But thats still on the sketch board and probably won't arrive for a few more months.

I'm keen to see what you come up with for this.  :) Sounds good.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up