INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Zone on client  (Read 385 times)

amandalishus

• Recent member
  • Experienced MC user masquerading as novice.
Missing Zone on client
« on: November 19, 2018, 02:49:49 am »

I have a feeling that I'm missing something obvious, but I just can't seem to figure out this problem.

I have a Media Center/Server set up on a desktop machine which also acts as my player, interfacing directly with the head. I also have Media Center installed on my laptop, which is (almost) always connected to the Media Server; I primarily use this for tagging, although I will occasionally control the player remotely (rather than actually leaning across the bed to reach the wireless mouse).

I just started using ZoneSwitch recently and created both an Audio and a Video zone on the server/player; you can probably guess the ZoneSwitch criteria for those, although I don't believe it's relevant. When I connected with my client (i.e. laptop) for the first time, I was immediately able to see a "There:Audio" zone, which displays the currently playing audio tracks. However, no matter what I do, I cannot seem to get a "There:Video" zone to show up on the client, leaving me unable to control the player or even (easily) tag the currently playing track.

Although this is not exactly The End Of The World for me, it surely can't be intended functionality. I expect I'm just missing a very specific checkbox somewhere or some similar solution, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I also don't recall setting anything specific for the Audio zone to make it visible on the client machine. The whole thing has left me feeling incredibly stupid. Any ideas?
[color="#C133FF"][size=18]Documentary aficionado. [/size][size=16]Music lover. [/size][size=14]Software developer. [/size][size=12]Transgender geek. [/size][size=10]Interested in everything. [/size][size=8]Easily distracted...[/size][/color]
Pages: [1]   Go Up