INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.178 available  (Read 3312 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.0.178 available
« on: May 27, 2003, 01:36:26 pm »

Media Center 9.0.178 is available:  

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90178.exe  

History:
1. Fixed: mini-me player would disappear from a screen if resolution of a monitor was reduced.
2. Changed: Aquire images dialog defaults to Digital camera instead of Scanner.
3. Changed: Aquire images dialog closes after finishing acquisition.
4. Fixed: Switching from full screen to internal view during TV playback would draw vertical separator in the display area.
5. Fixed: Track number was not written to WMA file tags.
6. Changed: Media Center now uses the same location to store Lyrics, Composer and Ratings (though WMP does not save rating to file tags) as does WMP 9.
7. Fixed: Importing files (especially over a network) could be slow on some systems.
8. Fixed: Undo, "Save Image Internally", and possibly other actions wouldn't update tags until MC closed.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: Media Center 9.0.178 available
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 03:16:30 pm »

* TV...
- Hot key controls for basic TV functions loose focus when in full maximized mode.

* DVD...
- There are no basic hot key controls.
- Does not seem to be an associate DVD disc under Options/File Associations.  Can find no way to associate DVD's with MC.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 04:32:27 pm »

Seems like every few builds MC wants to retake the mpeg video association. Not every build does this but I check for it now and this is the latest build to do so. Not having this issue with any other file associations.
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

AZ_JazzyJ

• Recent member
  • Is there anything cooler than baseball?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 06:36:52 pm »

Would it be possible in a future build to allow the user to select where to install the Start Menu items?  I currently have the JRiver Media Center folder within a Multimedia application group.  After each build, I have to modify my Start Menu to move this folder.

Jeff

gusr

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 01:57:51 am »

I think that it will be nice if MC could  save Album artist as a WMP tag rather than MC tag. I recently import my library with WMA files and I notice that MC ignores WMP Album Artist tag:'(

Thanks

nila

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 02:02:48 am »

AZ,
I agree that it'd be nice if it would ask you.
I personally also hate having them dumped into the root folder as I also put them into a 'multimedia' sub folder.

A way of getting around this though is that u just cant use the automatic install. U have to do it manually and choose 'do not create start menu items' on the last screen.

In theory if it's diong an update it shouldn't need to re-create the start menu items at all as they're already there.

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 02:18:47 am »

Found a bug:

If playing the same song as you are uploading to a handheld, MC will crash. Tried to stop playback, then mc would upload without error.

My handheld is a NexII.

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 05:38:48 am »

ConTrail,

This problem may be OS or player specific. I cannot duplicate this problem on XP with multiple removable drive players. If you are on XP, then it is probably a limitation of the NexII.

Steve

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 08:34:56 am »

.178 fixed the importing speed problem!  Thanks you very much.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 08:58:06 am »

There is a problem with .178 regarding importing.  Certain files stop the import process and generate and error and shutdown.

The files seem normal in every property and include wma, ape, mp3 and ogg files.  The files will play normally.  I can remove the files and importing runs fine past that point until the next one.  It appears that about 1 in 500 stops the process.

When I reload the problem files the same thing happens, freeze up when the import scan reaches them.

Be glad to send file samples if that would help.

Media Center Registered 9.0.178 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2297 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 99 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: 100 %

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 10:19:19 am »

kbrookings,

If you could, please send a sample or two that MC has troubles with to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 10:34:19 am »

will do, thanks Matt

ZRocker

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 06:23:59 pm »

Bug:
1. If you edit the Name of an existing External Program (defined for then 'Sent to (external)' feature), MC just adds a new program to the program list and does NOT change the name of the item being edited.  Thus, the user has to go back and manually remove the original External Program to get rid of the duplicate (ill-named) program.

Request:
1. There needs to be a better way (any way) to order the External Programs as soon on the 'Send to (external)' menu.  Currently, you have to export the registry key where MC stores the definitions to a file, delete the registry entries, edit the exported file (for the order you desire) and, finally, re-import the registry entries (from the exported file)...yucky!

Jynx

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2003, 01:22:43 am »

Not sure if these are bugs or not, but here are a few things I've noticed, I'm pretty new to MC so apologies if any of this does not make sense or if there is a setting I have missed somewhere that would fix these...great product BTW, especially like the Ipod support.

1. You seem to be able to delete the default playlists (Recently played, Top Hits etc) but they always come back when you restart MC, would be nice if they didn't.

2. You can filter the view to only show audio or image files but again this setting doesn't appear to be saved so when you restart MC you see all the files again?

3. If you create a View Scheme to show only files in a particular directory, underneath that scheme you will correctly see any subdirectories that exist in your original directory which if you then click on the correct set of files is displayed, but if you click onto the View Scheme itself the list of files that is displayed is your complete library, not a filtered view of the chosen directory?
Pages: [1]   Go Up