INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver starts playing audio on wake up from sleep  (Read 665 times)

sking29

• Recent member
JRiver starts playing audio on wake up from sleep
« on: November 24, 2018, 04:29:26 pm »

I'm seeing JRiver occasionally start playing from the top of a play list when the computer comes out of sleep.  This occurs even when the play list was already completed.  How do I stop this behavior?  Thanks.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver starts playing audio on wake up from sleep
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 06:09:25 pm »

Hmm, that's new.

Do you have "Options > Startup > Startup actions > Start playing current playlist" ticked by any chance?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

sking29

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 08:31:49 pm »

No.  It is not checked.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 09:39:16 pm »

Maybe something in the sleep settings of Windows Power Management?

Does the PC go to sleep while playing music? If so, that would be a problem, and would explain MC starting playback, probably. MC should always prevent the PC from going to sleep while anything is playing.

I can't think of anything else obvious.

Which version specifically are you using? MC24.0.60?
Which version did you first notice this happening in?
Anything special about your setup?
     Standalone PC or MC Server and Client?
     Using a remote control?
     Access the MC Server from the internet?
     Using any startup script, perhaps with a remote control or remote control software?
     How do you start MC when this happens? With an icon, the green button on a MCE remote? Just starts with Windows? (Before sleeping of course.)

Anything else special?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 05:23:47 am »

If you're pressing a key to wake up the computer, remember that the keystroke gets sent to the focused application. To be safe, press the shift key to wake up the computer.

sking29

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 01:36:25 pm »

I think the last message hits the issue.  I wake typically with space bar...which signals MC to start playing....   Thanks DJLegba !   I'll switch to shift key.
Pages: [1]   Go Up