INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error each time a new song is played (\\about:blank is not accessible)  (Read 1814 times)

trapperkeeper

• Recent member

Each time a new song is played or I manually select a new song I receive a pop-up that says "\\about:blank is not accessible. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. The parameter is incorrect." Even thought I get this pop-up the song continues to play. This randomly started happening today. Not sure if there is a bug in the software or what. Under Tools --> File Location I have tried to find the \\about:blank location listed there but cannot find it. Not sure where the program is pulling this parameter from. It appears all the file locations are correct in the software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Error each time a new song is played (\\about:blank is not accessible)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 03:05:24 pm »

I don't think it's a bug.  Could be antivirus or something else on your machine.

trapperkeeper

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 03:28:17 pm »

We tried removing the antivirus software.  That did not fix it. Any other ideas? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 03:29:35 pm »

Make sure you just have the cover art selected (with a right-click) for the playback display.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

trapperkeeper

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 03:35:58 pm »

Do you mean in Theater or display mode?  I am doing all of this in panes. I have our IT her assisting to make sure it is not a network situation.

trapperkeeper

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 03:51:27 pm »

It was working perfect until today.  Wasn't there an update yesterday?   

trapperkeeper

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 04:32:51 pm »

Hey man, I just now figured out what you meant. Fixed! Thank you!

DJLegba

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 09:33:48 am »

I believe it is a bug, and I can reproduce the problem consistently. According to the log, JRiver is unable to create the Track Info temp folder when it loads the first track of certain albums.

0008563: 4448: General: JRFileSystem::MakeDirectoryTree: Failed! Path=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 24\Temp\Track Info\

When this happens I get the \\about:blank message, and clicking on Player shows "Page can't be reached" in the window above the playlist that normally shows the covert art and track info. Subsequent tracks will display the cover art as expected, and even subsequent plays of the same album will show the cover art for the first track. If I restart MC the problem will return. MC has had this "first track cover art" problem for a long time, but the error message "\\about:blank..." is new (as of 24.0.65 for me, but I only use stable releases so before 65 I was using 55). If the problem can't be fixed I would prefer not to see the alert box with the error message.

Note that when MC displays the cover art successfully, I can confirm that it has created the Temp\Track Info folder. I haven't figured out what makes one album different from another. It happens with most of my albums, but there are a few that will display the first track cover art successfully every time.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 01:11:25 am »

about:blank sounds like a Internet Explorer (E) problem. change what MC would use to access the internet. this browser is outdated and soon to be retired by MS. cover art needs to be embedded in all files associated with the album, track one is most important. note some file types don't allow this type of embedding.

EDIT: I'm seeing this about:blank in the new JRiver for android I just downloaded on a phone with no files....this is all new to me. It's late and my brain is fried....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

DJLegba

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 08:00:06 am »

about:blank sounds like a Internet Explorer (E) problem. change what MC would use to access the internet. this browser is outdated and soon to be retired by MS. cover art needs to be embedded in all files associated with the album, track one is most important. note some file types don't allow this type of embedding.

EDIT: I'm seeing this about:blank in the new JRiver for android I just downloaded on a phone with no files....this is all new to me. It's late and my brain is fried....

Cover art is embedded in all files. The problem is that for whatever reason MC is failing to create the Track Info folder in the temp folder when the first track plays. It creates the folder successfully starting with the second track.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 08:15:39 am »

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet.  I set a Track Info page, start playing and it shows up fine.

Any other clues?  Not creating that folder sounds like a problem, but since I can't get it to happen, I'm not sure.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DJLegba

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 08:44:54 am »

When I play from a client it never happens. Both computers are running Windows 10 64-bit, although the client is at 1809 and the server is at 1803. Both running 24.0.65. The server has an external USB drive that holds the media files, and the library is on the internal SSD (which is also where MC creates the temp folder).

I've observed the problem displaying the first track's cover art for several versions of MC by now, but I didn't bother investigating. However, 24.0.65 has added the error message in the alert, which requires an action to close - which I'd like to prevent.

I can send you an error log if you'd like, but I believe the "Failed!" message in my post above is the only relevant line. Since MC can eventually create the temp folder, perhaps it just needs to retry once after the first failure before giving up.

EDIT: The server is headless. I wonder if Remote Desktop has anything to do with the problem.
EDIT AGAIN: Hooked up a monitor, kbd and mouse and rebooted. Problem persists, so Remote Desktop is not an issue here.

DJLegba

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 07:33:02 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this yet.  I set a Track Info page, start playing and it shows up fine.

Any other clues?  Not creating that folder sounds like a problem, but since I can't get it to happen, I'm not sure.

Thanks.

As a workaround I've removed track info from the Playing Now view. If you ever decide to put in some diagnostic code that will write to the error log or whatever, and you need someone to test, send me a PM. I'll be happy to check it out.

GaryWW

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 10:56:51 am »

I was having the same issue. It went away after selecting Cover Art. So I tried a few other settings (3D Vis, Track Info, Vis) and the only one that reintroduced the issue was Track Info/Dreamstate.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 08:37:03 pm »

I can't replicate this using my Workstation standalone, or as a Client of my HTPC, using the Chromium or Internet Explorer web engine, and the Dreamstate Track Info, viewing it in Playing Now, Display View, or Cover View.

The only time I briefly saw a flash of what I think was the HTML Blank page was when I switched from using just the Cover Art display in Playing Now and the Dreamstate display. Which was understandable as MC was deleting the old files and building new ones for the Dreamstate HTML page.

So that makes two of us who can't replicate it.

I'm using Norton Security for my antivirus. Are you guys that are seeing the issue using Windows Defender? If so, do you have Controlled Folder Access turned on? I'm thinking maybe CFA is a bit slow to allow MC to create a folder under the temp directory, but by the second track all is good.

Regardless it seems to be environmental. i.e. Either something is taking a while to approve creation of a sub-directory, or rejects it the first time, or the speed of creating a sub-directory is low for some reason.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

DJLegba

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 04:35:30 am »

I'm using Norton Security for my antivirus. Are you guys that are seeing the issue using Windows Defender? If so, do you have Controlled Folder Access turned on? I'm thinking maybe CFA is a bit slow to allow MC to create a folder under the temp directory, but by the second track all is good.

Regardless it seems to be environmental. i.e. Either something is taking a while to approve creation of a sub-directory, or rejects it the first time, or the speed of creating a sub-directory is low for some reason.

I was using Noire, not Dreamstate, and I just confirmed that it's still happening when Track Info -> Noire is selected. I am using Windows Defender, but Controlled Folder Access is not enabled.

Even if this is an environmental issue, the real problem for me is that MC is now throwing up an error message that requires user action to dismiss, which it did not do until recently (even though it was unable to create the temp folder for the first track). I much preferred the silent error.

edi1970

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 09:19:48 am »

Hi everyone, i just came accross this topic and i have to say that i have also same problem recently.
Also when i use upnp controller to play from my nas then jriver freezes on my nuc but it plays normally. I cannot do anything with mouse so i have to use windows task manager to close jriver.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 07:08:32 am »

I found an issue that could cause this about:blank error message to appear and its been fixed. It would occur whenever the track info for some reason didn't want to render, which might be for whatever reasons. But instead of getting a blank page, you would get an error, which was of course not very desirable.

Why the track info fails to render sometimes is another question entirely. Might be an A/V blocking the creation of the temporary files, or who knows what.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

8139david

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 02:34:03 pm »

I also get this problem when I'm using a track info plugin showing lyrics and there are no lyrics to show.
Pages: [1]   Go Up