INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomeRun Premium TV  (Read 2599 times)

dwalme

• Recent member
HDHomeRun Premium TV
« on: December 03, 2018, 12:54:01 pm »

Has anyone been successful with setting up the Premium TV channels with JRiver?

It's been a while since using JRiver and was thinking of moving back to it for my DVR needs.

JRiver sees my tuners and sees all my OTA ATSC channels, but the Premium TV channels do not show up in a channel scan.

Any ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: HDHomeRun Premium TV
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 02:27:26 pm »

Premium channels (i.e. those requiring additional subscription rights) are not supported.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

dwalme

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:41:33 pm »

Ok thanks.   

Any plan to support them sometime in the future?   

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 04:14:39 pm »

What's your definition of "premium channels"?
MC can certainly get cable card channels like USA, CNN, TNT, DISC, SYFY, etc...
However, MC cannot get copy protected channels like HBO, SHO, MAX, etc...
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

dwalme

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 04:19:07 pm »

I'm referring to the new Premium TV subscription offered by SiliconDust  (not DRM protected channels).

https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/

Channels streamed over the internet through the HDHomeRun tuner devices and offered to clients DRM free.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 04:49:46 pm »

Does it use UPnP / DLNA to stream them?

dwalme

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 05:06:23 pm »

As far as I can tell the channels are accessed the same way as the ATSC channels.   

They show up on the tuner starting at channel 1010.

JRiver does a channel scan and only gets the ATSC channels for some reason.   But if you look at the tuner channel lineup page all of them are listed.   

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 05:17:57 pm »

I'm referring to the new Premium TV subscription offered by SiliconDust  (not DRM protected channels).

https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/

Channels streamed over the internet through the HDHomeRun tuner devices and offered to clients DRM free.

Look closely on that webpage...
You have to use the windows/apple/fire/android HDHR App to get those channels .
3rd party software solutions only support "live tv" - that's your ATSC tuner channels.

dwalme

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 05:30:47 pm »

Well those channels work with 3rd party apps like Channels DVR and the HDHomeRun Kodi Add-on can tune in those channels just fine.

Figured JRiver would be able to access them as well.    In fact SiliconDust said they were working with 3rd party developers as well.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 05:58:44 pm »

Link(s)?

greynolds

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 07:39:17 pm »

SiliconDust's FAQ (https://www.silicondust.com/support/faq/#how-many-concurrent-hdhomerun-premium-tv-channels-can-my-household-watch) has some info, the most relevant being:

When will Plex, Emby, the Channels app on iOS, and other third parties be able to access Premium TV channels?

These channels are available to third party services right now, the same way regular over the air channels are. Accessing and making them visible to the user on these platforms does take some code tweaking though, particularly for those services that provide their own DVR, so we cannot say exactly when third party services will integrate these channels. With that said, we are happy to work with any third party developers to get integrated as quickly as possible.

I would encourage the JRiver folks to contact the SiliconDust folks to figure out what would need to be done to support this.  This is just a guess, but I suspect it won't require too much effort on JRiver's end to add support.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 07:53:57 pm »

Where would the guide information for these come from? When you pay for the SD DVR service, they provide guide info (for their App)... Seems one problem would be what guide provider would MC use to expose/populate these "premium channels"? Is the SD guide info database downloadable to xml?

greynolds

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 08:49:06 pm »

Where would the guide information for these come from? When you pay for the SD DVR service, they provide guide info (for their App)... Seems one problem would be what guide provider would MC use to expose/populate these "premium channels"? Is the SD guide info database downloadable to xml?
That would be part of the conversation with the SiliconDust people, but the channels are standard east coast or west coast feeds, so it should be possible to handle it by mapping data from existing guide feeds, even if the user needs to manually map the channels.

dwalme

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 11:10:37 pm »

Percdata already has the east coast and West coast channel lineups for Premium TV.

greynolds

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 06:19:49 am »

Percdata already has the east coast and West coast channel lineups for Premium TV.
I just checked with my zip code and Schedules Direct also has both the East and West coast lineups listed as:

HDHomeRun PremiumTV - East - IPTV
HDHomeRun PremiumTV - West - IPTV

So sourcing the guide data shouldn't be a problem given that both Percdata and Schedules Direct have it.

sheepy

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 11:40:36 am »

Any updates on this thread?  I have subscribed to the HDHomeRun Premium TV channels, but don't like the HDHomeRun DVR app.  So, I've been looking for alternatives to DVR this content.  I've tried Plex and Channels, and have had no issue pulling guide data from SD, or scanning for the channels, but have not been completely satisfied with these options.  Just looking for alternatives.

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 08:56:00 pm »

I have not had a chance to look into this, but would like to add support for it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

drosene

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 10:12:52 am »

I have used JRiver for years myself for Music but Microsoft Mediacenter and cable card tuner for TV. It's interface and remote support still can't be beat, at least not without great effort. Recently "cut the cord" and have HDHomerun Quatro with Premium channel subscription. Issues with the HDHomerun DVR pushed me to evaluate Plex and Emby. While Emby looks great, especially new 4.0 version, it would be nice to be able to use JRiver MC which I also purchase upgrades to annually.

One more edit! Plex and Emby both charge a fee for their "premium" DVR service which include program guides apparently sourced from gracenote eliminating a separate subscription. No need to offer a lifetime license but surly it would be easier to fund development of the TV portion of MC with that income stream rather than relying on people to upgrade annually. The annual upgrade option could still be an option for those using MC principally for Music.

sheepy

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 12:58:25 pm »

I have not had a chance to look into this, but would like to add support for it.

Great to hear, thanks.

is_died

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 11:30:33 am »

Alright, I don't feel great about making my first post here in a months-dormant thread, but this has been bugging me for a while.

Right now, the only program I have that supports recording from HDHomeRun Premium TV is Emby Media Server. It records from it well enough, but the options for scheduling and filtering recordings are pitiful compared to JRiver.

My HDHR Prime, which I run alongside my Premium TV-enabled Quatro, has been running exclusively through JRiver for a long time and I couldn't be happier with how that setup works. It's just a little disappointing that MC 25 is out and I'm still stuck with Emby's recording functionality for most of my tuners.

I use PercData for my channel listings, and MC 25 (and even MC 24) could see Perc's lineup for HDHR Premium TV in the settings. MC just can't access the channels on the tuners, even though MC can access the Quatro's OTA channels fine.

So, I guess this post is meant to make sure this feature request doesn't get totally forgotten. It's a feature that I've been waiting for a long time.

(If you're wondering why I have both Premium TV and a Prime, it's half a way to get extra tuners for cable channels and half a way to reach some channels that Comcast have DRM-encrypted. Not super cost-effective but I'm generally happy with it.)

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2019, 09:07:54 am »

I want this too.

Am running HDHomeRun Connect Quatro with Prime channels. Would be wonderful to have Premium TV on MC25 ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 04:36:21 pm »

For future readers, this is a dead issue now: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120096.0.html
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up