Devices > Androids and other portables

JRiver on Android -- Development Discussion, Questions, & Answers

(1/72) > >>

JimH:
It's on the Play Store now as beta.  It's $9.98.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118399.0.html

Working Now
Audio playback to the device, using files from the device.

Audio playback to another DLNA device, using files from the device.

Supported audio file types are the same as MC.

It's still a little fragile and probably will be for a few weeks.

Not Working Yet
Radio

Future Plans
Playlists, Video, Images

Known Problems
On startup, volume may be muted.  Just adjust the volume.  Turn phone sideways if needed.

Why Android
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118438.msg819359.html#msg819359

Audio Quality
The first few builds used the browser for playback.  Beginning with 24.0.7, audio is played in the new Android JRiver engine.

JimH:

--- Quote from: DJPS on November 30, 2018, 04:33:38 pm ---Using the navigation buttons for search, playlist etc at the top of the screen causes dropouts in the file currently playing.

Twice so far (about 1 hour) when I hit the 'Home' button, it deleted the playlist and stopped the currently playing file mid track.

--- End quote ---
It's still fragile.  That should improve quickly.

--- Quote ---
The orange button on the home page takes me to a page that says 'Radio JRiver' but it has no controls and nothing happens.

--- End quote ---
Not yet working.

--- Quote ---The pink button says 'no car radio buttons have been saved' but I have no idea what this means or how to make it work. There doesn't seem to be any way of setting them up.

--- End quote ---
Not yet working.

--- Quote ---Is it possible to import, create (non current) or save a playlist?

--- End quote ---
Not yet.  Play with Play Doctor should work.

Thanks for the report.

DJPS:
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to enjoying such a great app on my phone  :)

JimH:
Thank you.

xpto:
Congratulations on your 1st public beta of JRiver for Android. My initial report follows.

I installed it on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo, Android 6.0.1 and all went fine.

Browser opens pointing to localhost (the phone) and is able to display the Panel interface (yay!)

Good news: My phone shows up as a DLNA zone on my computer (running MC) identified as SM-G903F

I then try to play a regular FLAC track residing on my PC to my phone:

a) the phone somehow receives the information about the track from the MC desktop - it is able to display its name - good.
b) however it is not able to play it. Attempts (via the phone interface) to play it are also fruitless - the time display starts counting up (usually up to 5 seconds) and then resets to 0:00. In any case there is no sound coming out of the phone.

Went back to the entry on the desktop with the DLNA entry SM-G903F referring to the phone. Right click on it.

Device address is displayed correctly -> good
Clicking "Show device webpage" takes me to my phone and to Panel's user authentication page -> good
However if I input my user / password combination into Panel's interface and press the "Login" button nothing seems to happen -> not good.

Not sure how much of the above is expected / not expected.

I'll keep on exploring it a bit more and reporting what I see.

Cheers,

xpto

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version