INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track# info removed from Library after each restart of MC  (Read 479 times)

Negasonic

• World Citizen
Track# info removed from Library after each restart of MC
« on: December 03, 2018, 07:22:38 pm »

I am using pCloud which gives you a virtual drive in Windows Explorer. I have created a second, separate Library in MC for this particular cloud drive, in order to test things out and in case it would mess up my local Main Library.

Since updating to 24.0.65, I have noticed that whenever I start MC and load the "Cloud Library", all files imported into this Library are missing their Track#'s.

Checking the Library Field 'Filename' I can see that all files have had their track numbers replaced with 00.

Example: MC Library points to files named "00 - Trackname.mp3" instead of "01 - Trackname.mp3" etc. The files on the cloud drive still have their numbers intact in the file names and track numbers are also present in the files tags. Only the Library sees them with no track numbers.

All other tags/Library Fields are intact. On the local Main Library everything is fine. Only the Library pointing to the cloud drive is missing Track#'s, for some reason.

By manually starting 'Auto Import', the Library will pick upp the Track# from the files again and temporary add the files as duplicates (the old ones with no Track# + duplicates with Track#). At the end of the import cycle it will remove the Track#-less files and report that it made changes due to external changes. Even though there were no external changes, at least not from me.

I have tested to make a backup of the Library while all Track# are intact. Restarted MC and loaded the Cloud Library (Track# is now empty). Restored the recently made backup file, only to see that Track# are still missing.

Only a re-import can bring the Track# info back, but only while the current session of MC is running. Having to do this after each startup is VERY time consuming, since it naturally takes longer to read all files from the cloud.

Any clues as to what is going on here?

Edit: I always come up with other ways to test things after I've made my initial post, so please bare with me :) I tested to import one of the albums on my pCloud drive into my Main Library (which has all the local files) instead of my second, cloud dedicated Library, and... this works better. Track# info are still there on the album imported from the cloud drive, after restarting and unloading and reloading the Main Library a couple of times. So it may be my second cloud based Library file/setting is messed up in some way?

Negasonic

• World Citizen
Re: Track# info removed from Library after each restart of MC
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 02:33:20 am »

After another week of testing I have found some additional strange behaviors in my MC Library... (Track#'s are now OK when I import to my Main Library, see my first post)

My Main Library with files located on internal hard drive is duplicating the Tag 'Date (Release)' in the actual file every time I use 'Update Tags (from Library)'.
If I select one file and look at the 'Tag Dump' section at the bottom of the Tag Window I see (example):

TXXX (Date (Release)): 40461

If I use 'Update Tags (from library)' on this file, I will see

An additional duplicate row. And there will be a third, fourth etc for each time I use 'Update Tags (from library). But only on this specific tag (Date (Release)).

The reason I was led to check this is that when I uploaded mp3's to pCloud (virtual cloud drive in Windows Explorer shown as device P: ), I first did a 'Update Tags (from library)' in order to make sure all the info was carried over to the cloud drive. But after importing the files, MC picks upp all the Library Fields perfectly except for 'Date (Release)'. That one is missing from every track in the Library that is pointing to the cloud drive.

So after noticing MC doing duplicates of the file tag after doing 'Update...', I thought that might be the reason why it failed to pick up this specific tag after importing it. But I tried uploading a couple of files without doing the 'Update Tags...', and it still fails to pick up the 'Date (Release)' tag...

I don't know what is going on here.

Why am I getting duplicates of the 'Date (Release)' tag after doing 'Update Tags (from library)'?
Can someone check if this happens to you as well?  (Check 'Tag Dump' in the Tag window)

Pages: [1]   Go Up