INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Configure Auto-import rule  (Read 557 times)

cvrkut

• Recent member
Configure Auto-import rule
« on: December 09, 2018, 04:51:47 am »

Hello!

How can I set up MC to import my video files by their folder names?
I always use same folder structure "c:\Videos\HDMovies\Moviename (Year)\filename.ext".

example:
c:\Videos\HDMovies\Sorry to Bother You (2018)\Sorry.to.Bother.You.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-DRONES.mkv

So, I want name to be Sorry to Bother You but always I get Sorry.to.Bother.You.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-DRONES.mkv

Thanks for your help
Regards

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Configure Auto-import rule
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 06:41:54 pm »

MC has a function called CARNAC that guesses what imported files are based on their file names, not their folder names. At least, I don't think it ever uses folder names.

But you don't need to use the folder name. I just renamed a video file and put it in a folder to match your example, and imported it into MC. CARNAC correctly worked out that the movie name was "Sorry to Bother You" and placed that value in the [Name] tag. It also worked out the movie was from 2018 and put that value in the [Year] tag.

CARNAC does not rename the files. It sets tags for the files.

If you are seeing "Sorry.to.Bother.You.2018.1080p.BluRay.x264-DRONES.mkv" you are looking at the [Filename (name)] tag. Don't do that. Look at the [Name] tag, and use it in MC Views as intended.

Of course, you can use the MC Rename, Move, & Copy Files function to rename files. I do something like you, and put movies into their own sub-directory named the same as the file, like this: \Movies\Sorry to Bother You (2018)\Sorry to Bother You (2018).mkv. Or sometimes I just leave the file name alone and rename the folder as above.

Search the Wiki for "CARNAC", "Rename, Move, & Copy Files", "Tagging" and similar for clarification. Although I see that you have been using MC a long time, so I would have thought you knew what is in the Wiki, and how tagging works.

Is there something else going on that is stopping CARNAC from working correctly? Perhaps the movie file already has a value in the "Title" tag, which is saved in the [Name] tag in MC, and so CARNAC doesn't overwrite the existing value?

In that case, either delete the Title from the file before importing it into MC, using some external tool, or the "Explorer" function under "Drive & Devices" just to delete the tag. Then import it, and CARNAC should do what you want. Or easier, after importing the movie file, just run the "Get Movie & TV Info" function, search for the correct movie name, i.e. "Sorry to Bother You" in this case, select and then save the correct movie information, which will fix the [Name] tag for you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

cvrkut

• Recent member
Re: Configure Auto-import rule
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 10:42:16 pm »

I finally find solution ... Auto-import rule "Removeright(filefolder(\[filename,0\], 0),7)"
Works perfect!

Thanks for your support!
Pages: [1]   Go Up