INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Recorded shows getting wrong background image  (Read 1607 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
[SOLVED]Recorded shows getting wrong background image
« on: December 15, 2018, 11:24:29 am »

There are a few shows I record that are always getting the wrong background.  For instance, The Goldbergs when I go into the series, the background is from a show named the same, but from the 1940's.  I can correct it, but the next episode that records will have the same issue.  Last Man Standing has the same problem.  So did Timeless.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Recorded shows getting wrong background image
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 06:10:51 pm »

Do you mean the background slideshow in Theatre View seen when you highlight a Series or Season thumbnail, or an Episode within a Season?

If so, that is probably because you have selected Google Images as part of the "Online media slideshow" in the Theme you are using. Untick Google Images and leave Last.fm, TheTVDB, and TheMovieDB and you will get more accurate and relevant images, just less of them.

If the above is what you do mean, how do you "correct it"? The slideshow is completely in MC's control as far as I know.

If you are talking about Cover Art, please explain some more.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 11:21:03 pm »

Maybe...but once I do a get movie and series info on it, it works correctly.  The problem is that I don't save this series, so every time it records, it defaults to the wrong series ID.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 09:18:22 pm »

Didn't help.  A new episode of the Profit recorded, and has the same wrong slideshow background as usual.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 11:24:34 pm »

You still have me confused.

You talk about once you do a "Get Movie & TV Info" the problem is fixed, but every new recording is wrong because you don't save the recordings, so the Series ID is wrong. That implies you are talking about Series and Season Cover Art, and therefore the problem is probably the quality of your EPG data.

Then you say with a new episode of Profit you get the same wrong slideshow background, which implies it is the Theatre View background slideshow that is wrong, which is usually a result of selecting Google Images in the MC Theatre View Theme. But it could be the EPG data as well.

So, I can't help, because I don't understand which problem you have. Sorry.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 11:44:12 pm »

You are correct on both accounts.  It is the slideshow image that is wrong, but when I do a get series info, it fixes the issue.  But, after I delete the last remaining episode, the next time it records, it is wrong again.  I have removed Google as you mentioned already.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 12:37:51 am »

Okay, what I suggest is that instead of deleting each episode after you have watched it, change the Recording Rule to retain just one episode for the rule. Then next time an episode is recorded, run "Get Movie & TV Info", selected the correct Series, and from then on MC should know what Series it is and give you the correct background slideshow and Cover Art.

If you didn't want to see the episode that you had watched in the View, change the View definition to exclude any recording that has been watched. Otherwise just know that you will have one episode of each Series in the View. MC will show a tick next to the episode as watched anyway.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 10:25:09 am »

I have thought about that as well, I just wish they could fix it.  Seems like the default if there are 2 shows with the same name is to go with the oldest one.  I think it would make more sense to look at the newest one, since it is recorded TV, which implies that it would be the most recent show. 

I wonder if there is a way I can set the series ID with a rule???  I'll look into that.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 06:45:04 pm »

It could be the TheTVDB API that is providing the incorrect data, although MC may just be selecting the first result returned from the site. If the API returns all matches, which I thought it did, then MC could select the most recent. That is a question for Yaobing.

I wonder if there is a way I can set the series ID with a rule???

Good idea. I didn't think of that, and it should work. Tags are set for recordings at the beginning of the recording, so it should already be set for any metadata lookup, which happens later. I think the Series ID would take precedence over any bad metadata coming from the EPG.

There is one potential issue, in that Yaobing has confirmed previously that the "Get Movie & TV Info" function isn't actually run at the end of a TV recording, because if it was it could update valid EPG data with invalid or incorrectly selected TheTVDB data. But Series and Season Cover Art does appear for new recordings at some stage. Well, mostly. Sometimes it doesn't ever get updated, and I have to manually do it. But when it is updated, that would be Auto Import finding the files and running the "Get Movie & TV Info" function, which I have turned on in Auto Import.

So there may still be some issues, because JRiver doesn't want to overwrite metadata from the EPG source.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 12:28:58 pm »

By the way, setting the TVDB ID was a bust, since it was actually already set correctly.  I am unsure where it is getting it's info from.  But something changes when I do a Get TV and Movie info...I just wish I knew what it was so that I could set it as a rule.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 08:14:43 pm »

Here's an idea.

Create a new View for Shows that includes all fields.
Select a show that isn't working correctly in Standard View and copy all fields using Ctrl+V.
Paste all those fields into a spreadsheet such as Excel.
Run "Get Movie & TV Info" against the show and then confirm that the Theatre View background is now working as you wish.
Copy and paste the fields into the same spreadsheet below the first. Compare.

What changes?

It may not be as simple as a field value changing though. But this is probably worth checking.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 08:06:24 am »

By the way, setting the TVDB ID was a bust...
I may have spoken too soon on this...I think it may actually work.  I tested it on one episode a while ago, and it didn't seem to work, but in further testing it, it now appears to work.  I created a rule for The Goldbergs, and The Profit, and I will report back on whether it works or not for sure this time.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
Re: [SOLVED]Recorded shows getting wrong background image
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 08:46:36 am »

Seems to work with an expression.  I record off-site, and transfer the file via OneDrive overnight, so I put the expression in auto import, and it works great.  On my off-site recording machine, I will put it in the subscription rule (modified since I won't need to use the IfElse portion).  Here is the expression:

Code: [Select]
IfElse(isequal([Series], Magnum P.I., 1), 350068, isequal([Series], MacGyver, 1), 311902, isequal([Series], The Profit, 1), 271671, isequal([Series], The Goldbergs, 1), 269653, isequal([Series], The Flash, 1), 279121)
I will add series to the expression as needed, but so far, the background images have all been correct.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: [SOLVED]Recorded shows getting wrong background image
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 04:06:53 pm »

Excellent.

One other thing I thought about for your situation the other day is the impact the "Removed" database may have had on your initial problem; MC always picking the older Series.

MC tracks everything deleted from the Library for use by the "Ignore files previously removed from Library" and the "Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" functions. I was wondering if MC was using that database to also make the "best guess" as to which Series a new recording with the same series name actually was. Maybe using [TheTVDB Series ID] from the record in the "Removed" database as the guess.

Anyway, if you wish you may want to create a View of the "Removed" database showing all the relevant fields, and if you find any records of episodes from these series with the incorrect [TheTVDB Series ID], then either fix them, which will ensure you don't record the same episode again, or delete them if you don't care about that. I guess you would have to do that on both the off-site (if it is MC - I think you said it wasn't?) and local installations.

That may not make a difference, but it may also work as an insurance policy against future issues. Or if other series pop up with the same problem in future, it may be a fix for them. i.e. Just fix [TheTVDB Series ID] field on the "Removed" database record, and episodes imported in future may follow that setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up