INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video file structure display on Gizmo using Windows 7 for MC24  (Read 414 times)

Suby2018

• Recent member
Video file structure display on Gizmo using Windows 7 for MC24
« on: December 23, 2018, 08:48:49 am »

Hi Everybody!
This is my first posting to this group.
I installed JRiver MC 24 a few weeks back and have been learning to set up my audio and video files. I do have a question to the group, but before that, a few words to my setup.
I started building up my digital audio/video library a few years back using a WD My Cloud 3 TB NAS (which has an older version of Twonky DLNA server). A network player feeds the NAS signal to my DIY amp. The file structure  was a simple folder with nested folders for various types of audio and video files. Very easy to setup and even easier to maintain 
A few months back, I started tesing various DLNA servers and very soon found JRiver the best DLNA server for me. Here, the main criteria was sound quality. I did the entire testing on my Acer Windows 10 notebook, learnt how to replicate my audio file structure using Genre and other tags. It was not at all easy, but now I have it and everything is running as I would like it. I am using Gizmo on my Samsung Tablet. Audio files can be selected using Genre, which displays my folder structure on the disk. For video files, I can select the disk and it shows my original folder structure without any problems. Wonderful so far .
Satisfied with everything, I then took an old Lenovo R61 notebook, wiped the disk clean and installed Windows 7 Pro and JRiver (MC 24.0.71  now). Nothing else except the Mp3Tag utility for occasional tagging duties. This is now my audio/video server. I have a 4 TB WD Elements as an external USB drive on Lenovo for my audio and video files. The contents are an exact copy of my NAS drive. Everything is working fine, except Gizmo refuses to display my video files as they are on my disk. I know it works on the Windows 10 PC, so it should work on Windows 7, however, after all possible comparisons of MC24 configuration on both machines, I have no solution.
By the way, selecting video files directly on my Samsung TV is not a problem for both: Win10 and Win7. But using Gizmo is, of-course, much easier
I am attaching two screenshots, which show the video file structure for Win10 and Win7.
I hope someone can help me here.
Thanks and Happy Christmas to all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up