INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio output device (JRiver Media Center 24 (WDM)) in W10 v1809 not available  (Read 2386 times)

decker

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile

Hi,
I use MC 24 with the WDM-Driver before with v1803.
After Updating to Windows 10 v1809 I can not use the WDM-Drive as a system output device anymore.

The WDM driver is installed (see screenshot in device manager.jpg) and works properly but it is not available as an output device (see sound settings.jpg). There is no option to choose MC24 as output.

Updatin to MediaCenter240072-x64 doesn't solve the problem.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks
Thomas

Nikkel

• Recent member

Try unchecking and re-checking the WDM option under MC24 Tools>General>Features and restarting program...?

swiv3d

You should check that the mediacenter 24 driver is mentioned in both of these places in device manager.

decker

• Recent member

Hi,

thanks for the fast reply.

Active is MC24 output only under the section audio- and gamecontroler in the device manager (see device manager active devices jpg)

In the section audio in- and output MC24 is inactive (see other device manager jpg). Under properties there is a message >>hardware device currently not connected to the computer (Code 45)<<.

But how can I connect MC or ist there something that disconnects MC audio output?

Thanks for help. Thomas

decker

• Recent member

Shorte remark:
MC24 is running so the MC audio output device should be active, too. ?

swiv3d

Try deselecting the WDM driver in tools>options>general>features and then restart MC, then reselect the WDM driver in the same place and then restart MC, this might force windows to have another go at installing the device. Also make sure you have the latest version of MC (24.0.72).

decker

• Recent member

Unfortunately WDM driver reinstall doesn't work. As far as I can see now the problem is related to Audials and its sound capturing driver. Although Audials is now uninstalled it remains partially installed. I have contacted Audials for help. Thanks so far. Thomas

decker

• Recent member

Also after the Deinstallation of Audials JRiver's WDM can not be installed properly. MC24 Gamecontroller can be installed - but not the MC24 sound output device. I will reinstall probably my system.

swiv3d

Are you running as administrator? Shouldn't really make a difference but who knows???
Pages: [1]   Go Up