INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy and Rename not working for me  (Read 881 times)

denbo

• Recent member
Copy and Rename not working for me
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:16:13 am »

I've been trying to copy and rename a list of music files in a playlist into a new folder on my PC - basically backing up my favorite music so I can copy it to my mobile phone.

This seems process seems to work better if I make a new folder for each artist or album but I don't want that - just the file copied to the folder and renamed to [Name] - [Artist]

There's over 2000 tracks in the list.

My problem -

If I select only a few tracks, say 10, (initially), the copy and rename works OK - so I guess my settings are OK.

But ... if I get brave and select more than a few tracks in the list when I run the process again a box briefly pops saying 'Please Wait'  and 'working' as it runs thorough the tracks then closes - but no copy or rename happens.

If, then, I go back to selecting only a few files and try again nothing happens.

Even if I close MC and try again I get no result.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Copy and Rename not working for me
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 01:32:53 pm »

You are not the first person to report that the Copy function of the RM&CF function isn't working for large numbers of files.

Hopefully JRiver will get a chance to look at it. But there were some fixes recently that may affect this, so are you using the latest version of MC, MC24.0.72?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

denbo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:27:32 am »

Yes - MC 24.0.72

I've just re-started my PC today so I thought I'd give it another go - and selected 100 files and ran the Copy-Rename function.

It worked perfectly.   :)

So, reassured - I selected the next 100 files - No-Go.   ?

I'll try again tomorrow.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 09:44:29 pm »

Check your controlled folder access settings in windows 10.

denbo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 03:38:52 am »

Thanks for your reply.

I do have Windows 10  :-[ and your post alerted me to a feature of Windows Defender I wasn't aware about - so that was good.

I went to change Defender settings but found Defender has been disabled by Avast - so I completely disabled Avast instead which  but still no luck with Copy-Rename.

I also went back to Defender to check that turn off Avast hadn't automatically turned Defender back on - it hadn't.

Just in case there was still a folder-locking problem persisting I changed the settings to try a copy-rename to a USB thumb drive. While the MC process created the folder to copy to on the thumb drive it did not copy-rename any files to it.

Anyway - the function seems to work if only 2-3 files are selected but not a bigger selection.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 07:18:15 am »

I went to change Defender settings but found Defender has been disabled by Avast - so I completely disabled Avast instead which  but still no luck with Copy-Rename.
Try uninstalling Avast.  It's the only way to be sure it's not causing problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up