INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD Platform and Application Portability  (Read 728 times)

Karl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
IPOD Platform and Application Portability
« on: May 27, 2003, 04:38:04 am »

hi,

i would like to use my ipod with mc9 - because in my view it is the best program. unfortunately using it with mc9 seems to mean that i cannot connect it to a mac or another win application as this destroys the mc9 database.

can i maybe connect it to another program on a mac that gives import and export possibilities?

secondly, i would like to get files from my ipod to my computer as well. is it possible to do that with mc9? if not - which program can i use as ephpod seems to destroy the mc9 database as well.

thanks for the help!

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
Re: IPOD Platform and Application Portability
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 04:59:35 am »

To download files from the iPod to your PC go to the iPod drive under CD, DVD & Handhelds. Next select the tracks you want to transfer then right click on them. Select the option to Download to PC and point MC9 to the folder where the files should be transferred to. Click OK and the files will download.  The files will be given names based on the track number and song name. If there is any duplication MC9 will keep the file named as it was on the iPod, ie 123.mp3. You will then need to import the files into MC9 and possibly rename them too.

As far as I know XPlay and Ephpod with MacOpener are the only applications that allow a Mac iPod to connect to a PC.

Karl

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 05:56:12 am »

thanks phil for letting me know on how to download files. i did not see that option yet.

my second question is not completely answered maybe you or someone else knows?

i have a new 30gb ipod that is formatted in fat32 for windows. i can connect it to a friends mac but then itunes reorganises the databse and i have to reformat before i can use it with mc9 again. is there any way to connect to a mac and then go on using it in mc9 without reformating?

thanks for anyones help!

karl

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 06:57:25 am »

Aye, Karl, there is.  Don't let the Mac format it.  :)

I've plugged my FAT32 iPod into a Mac a few times, and iTunes will always auto-launch.  If I remember correctly, the very first thing it presents you with is the dialogue which formats your iPod.  Click with care.

Of course, this could have changed recently; it's been a few months since I've plugged into a Mac.

On the subject of database interoperability, I use MC9 primarily at home but also am able to use Ephpod (www.ephpod.com) to connect my iPod to other computers.  I keep a copy of Ephpod on my iPod's hard disk, and when I plug into a "foreign" computer, I am able to use Ephpod to upload, download, and organize my iPod's music.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync
Pages: [1]   Go Up