INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom library field value pick list problem  (Read 735 times)

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck
Custom library field value pick list problem
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:08:52 pm »

I have a custom library field setup as a list pre-configured with acceptable values. Recently i decided to remove two of the values and re-tagged the music that was assigned those values and deleted them from acceptable values. Previously when i've done this and no music remains with those field values assigned the values would disappear from the pick list. For some reason they remain.

Can anyone suggest why this might be or how I can resolve this? If possible I would prefer to avoid resetting my whole library and re-importing.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom library field value pick list problem
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:58:33 pm »

avoid resetting my whole library and re-importing.

I don't know why people ever consider re-importing a whole library. Everything can be fixed. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but there is learning along the way. The risk of throwing the baby out with the bathwater is just too high. It's just like re-installing Windows because of some minor issue. A targeted approach is far better and far less risky.

The bottom line in this case, it is highly likely that there is something that still has the unwanted value assigned to the field. If you create a View that shows all items, not just Audio items, and then search for the value, you may find the troublesome records in the library. That is easy enough. Just copy one of the Audio Views, perhaps the "Files" View would be best, and then uncheck the "Use parent scheme rules for file display" setting in View configuration to ensure all items are included. When you uncheck that setting you will see the list of accepted file types change in the Files Panes View.

Search using [field]=value, or if you want an exact match, [field]=[value].

My understanding is that those drop-down lists are created on the fly, and that there isn't any separate list of currently used values anywhere. I haven't tried to confirm that, but if correct, it is not possible for such a list to become out of date, or unsynchronised. Hence, the values must be recorded against a library item somewhere.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Arcadian

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Custom library field value pick list problem
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:50:56 am »

You were absolutely right, I had a few rogue tracks that were outside of the view, I don't know how they got tagged with that metadata. Creating a wider view found them. Thanks for the quick response :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up