INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Use the WDM Driver  (Read 1681 times)

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
How Do I Use the WDM Driver
« on: January 04, 2019, 02:52:53 am »

I am being thick but I can't get the WDM driver to do what I want , maybe it won't, does anyone have experience in passing PC sound to a DLNA renderer over a network

The story so far

As per the wiki , I have set up the WDM Driver in Features, I have made it the default Device in the Windows>Control Panel>Sound instead of the PC Speakers but I can't see how to use the output

My System is

Windows 10 PC acting as a MC Server
Ethernet to
Router
Ethernet to a Switch then to
Cambridge Audio CXN ( as audio renderer)-> Amp & Speakers
MyGica 1960 (as video renderer)-> Soundbar & TV

In MC I see both devices , I have a Zone Switch to separate Audio from Video, I have disabled this temporarily while i try to get this working

Everything works Fine BUT

I want to stream Idagio (an on demand classical streaming service a la Tidal, Qobuz etc) from the web app to my PC and use the WDM driver to "pass it" to the CXN. With Windows set up to speakers I get sound but when set to the WDM Driver i get stumped

What do I have to do next

Cheers

Mike

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: How Do I Use the WDM Driver
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:08:50 am »

Unfortunately the WDM driver cannot be used to pass PC audio to a DLNA renderer, because MCs DLNA support is entirely file-based.
WDM can only be used to redirect all PC audio through MCs audio engine and play it on another local audio device after MCs processing.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

MikeO

Re: How Do I Use the WDM Driver
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 03:39:42 am »

Thanks Hendrik

As I thought I was trying to do the impossible.

Fortunately the iOS app allows casting to a ChromeCast or streaming via Airplay which my CXN supports so all is not lost

Thanks again for the help

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up