INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: API / mcws / other way of programmatically requesting MC to record a tuner  (Read 1249 times)

MikeG

• Recent member
  • All about the Tech

Hi

My New Years resolution is to study and get deeper into media center and what you can do via the apis.

Step one - do my annual licence renewal so I am ready for mc25 goodness - Done !
Step two - find the (mcws?) api to request mc to tune and record a dvb-s station.

Failed on the first jump !! I don’t seem to be able to see any promising leads in the documentation on this. I can get the recording schedule and I can set it via the gui, but how can I manipulate and add to it from my own code/program.

I don’t want to play a tv station, just ask mc server to record it to a named file so it can be played back later.

Can anyone point me in the right direction - Sorry if it’s obvious and I have missed it.

Many thanks

Mike

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

There is no API / mcws function to start TV recording.  MC clients set recordings via database merge.  GUI -> local database -> server database.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

MikeG

• Recent member
  • All about the Tech

Thanks for the info. I think this would be a very popular api for people wanting to schedule via a web app (like panel). Could this be considered for a future version ?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team

So funny, I was just thinking the same thing earlier when I was at a friends house watching a NFL game and wanted to schedule a show to record.  I was thinking that there must be some sort of API that I could use to do my own app.  I would second this request, or at a minimum, have it built in to MC.

imugli

• MC Beta Team

Some of us have been banging on for years about needing the ability to remotely schedule recordings e.g from a web interface (Panel, anyone?)...
Pages: [1]   Go Up