INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR: stuttering with PAL DVD content  (Read 1746 times)

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
madVR: stuttering with PAL DVD content
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:42:56 am »

Hello, after about 7-10 minutes of playback (time it takes to appear seems fairly consistent) I get an annoying video stutter. The madVR stats then report one frame drop per second.

Haven't tried NTSC DVD, but it always occurs on the few PAL DVDs I played recently. It does not occur when software deinterlacing is enabled in LAV Video (Custom Video mode). I also tried playing with the various madVR deinterlacing settings (if in doubt activate/deactivate, force film/video mode) but it doesn't help.

Tried ROHQ, both Balanced and Best Performance (+Optimized) settings. Tested on a GT 1030, on both a 1080p TV and a 720p projector (both on 50Hz mode, no Smooth Motion needed or activated). VideoClock on/off also makes no difference.

I tried disabling all background programs, like security software etc. Any ideas? Thank you.
Windows 10 Pro x64

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: madVR: stuttering with PAL DVD content
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:32:23 am »

Possibilities:
Screen trying to blank
Power settings for Windows
Network hardware shutting down 

Don't change any madVR settings.  Use MC's Red October settings only.

What is the full version of MC?  OS?

Manfred

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 11:14:51 am »

You should get GPU-z to have a look at the GPU Ressource parameters to ensure that the GPU utilization is <80-90%. Also you should check the render times (press  CTRL-J during playback). They should be < 41.67 MS =1/24fps for film and < 16.67 MS =1/60fps for video (shot by video camera). Please also check CPU utilization. On my i3-6100 CPU utilization is always < 20% independent of the video content (and I upscale every content to 4K!).
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

audioriver

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:56:05 am »

Thank you both, there's a small video with madVR stats here, right after the stuttering begins. MC 24.0.72 x64 on W10 Pro 1809.

Tried changing some power settings, including the network adapter's and enabling the "High performance" power plan with no display turning off, but it didn't help.

I didn't do much testing yet, but I think the problem is solved by adding all related running processes to my security software's monitoring exclusions: JRService.exe, JRWeb.exe, Media Center 24.exe and madHcCtrl.exe. Don't have the time to figure out exactly which one does the trick.

It's curious how only hardware deinterlacing seems to be affected. I'll post again if anything new comes up - consider this solved. Thanks again.
Windows 10 Pro x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up