INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback mono source in stereo (mpg)?  (Read 932 times)

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
Playback mono source in stereo (mpg)?
« on: May 25, 2003, 10:11:21 pm »

I have an video mpg file that only has audio on the left channel.  Is it possible to have MC duplicate the left channel on the right so that it sounds like stereo?

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
Re: Playback mono source in stereo (mpg)?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 08:15:39 am »

I don't think MC can do this but even if it is of no use. The sound remains mono and will come from the center instead from the left. Only a digital sound processor might be able to 'fake' a stereo signal but all the efforts for one vid?
Andy
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

Shadowen

• World Citizen
  • He was but a shadow of his former self...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 10:50:28 am »

I have several files with this problem and no access to the original source to record it better.  So I was hoping that there was a way to emulate using DSP (or something to that effect).  Do you know of any freeware that would allow me to re-encode with this added?

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 12:11:06 pm »

Sorry , video editing is not my playground. But here some suggestions: Prob: first you have to seperate the video from sound, then processing the sound and afterwards join them again absolut synchronous. Solution: My way to solve (rare) problems like this is first to browse all my cd's out of my subscribded PC Magazine, then freeware sites and then try to find my luck by installing and try /error working. It's the die hard way but training at it's best. Or I hope a video expert is passing by with the right answer. (unlikely because no 'video' in subject)
At least the only hint of value I can give to you: It seems to me you have a recorded  multi language broadcast. Our stations often send the translated language(of a movie) on the left channel and the original on the right so you can choose. We often set left ch mono as default because if suddenly a multilanguage movie starts you get both at the same time if the setting is stereo.(sounds aweful) So if you don't remind this before you start your recording...
Sorry that I can't do more for you

Andy
Electricians do it 'til it Hz
Pages: [1]   Go Up