INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 24.0.70 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 3119 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiver Media Center 24.0.70 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: December 20, 2018, 03:35:59 pm »

This is the latest build of JRiver Media Center 24 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240070.dmg

24.0.70 (12/20/2018)

1. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
2. Changed: Large change to threading priorities should result in smoother operation.
3. Changed: The MCWS function File/Delete takes an optional 'Mode' parameter to delete the file from disk or recycle the file.
4. Changed: Building missing thumbnails runs multipe threads at once instead of only running a single thread at a time (the number of threads depends on the setting for thumbnailing).
5. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
6. Changed: Made Radio Paradise start faster.

24.0.69 (12/11/2018)

1. Fixed: Some PLS streams would not play properly.

24.0.68 (12/7/2018)

1. Changed: DLNA: explicitly supplies the library server (Panel) port with the presentation page URL for our DLNA renderers and servers.
2. Fixed: DLNA when authentication was enabled, the DeviceDescription.xml for Library Server couldn't be loaded on a remote MC. This means that if the server wasn't manually setup on the remote for authentication it might not show up in the server list.
3. Changed: Added support for reading/writing tag data in floating point format to Apple's Quicktime extensible format tag locations.
4. Fixed: "Rating" tag was not written to Apple's Quicktime Extensible tagging location.
5. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.41.
6. Fixed: Playback of some m4a/mp4 files was broken in recent builds.
7. Fixed: Media Center could erroneously restore itself from being minimized on ZoneSwitch or playback stop (ie. when using Theater View to launch an external application with the WDM audio driver).
8. Fixed: DLNA: Not all SSDP broadcasts were being sent from the SSDP server.
9. Fixed: Tags were not properly saved to Apple's extensible metadata tagging format.
10. Changed: The http server returns 404 instead of 501 when a resource can't be found.
11. Changed: Streamlined the code that finds network interfaces so that they are only used once upon start of the program instead of everytime a socket was created.
12. Fixed: Some mp4 or m4a audio with AAC encoding could not be played with JRiver mp4 plug-in.
13. NEW: Tag-writing for MP4/m4a audio files will use Apple's extensible tagging format if the files already contain such tags.
14. Fixed: Locking and unlocking split views didn't properly save the lock between restarts of the program.
16. Changed: DLNA: explicitly supply the library server (Panel) port with the presentation page URL for our DLNA renderers and servers.
16. Fixed: DLNA when authentication was enabled, the DeviceDescription.xml for Library Server couldn't be loaded on a remote MC. This means that if the server wasn't manually setup on the remote for authentication it might not show up in the server list.
17. NEW: Added the option to suppress the duplicate track warning in a playlist (Options > General > Advanced > Show duplicate file warnings for playlists).
18. Fixed: The seed parameter of the play doctor MCWS command would not load properly.
19. Changed: Made wait messages a little wider so they hold more text.
20. Fixed: Properly read the ALBUMARTIST tag from APEv2 tags in MPC files.
21. Changed: Made the MCWS call Library/List return the default library index.
22. Fixed: Playing certain WMA Lossless files could result in excessively slow buffering.
23. Changed: Updated FFmpeg to version 4.1, used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
24. Changed: Internal change to the way files are moved.

24.0.64 (11/19/2018)

1. Fixed: Playing Now cover art splitter bar.
2. NEW: Support for FLAC-in-Ogg files and streams.
3. Changed: Room Correction DSP allows setting a distance of up to 100 ft instead of 50 ft (or meters if you're metric).
4. Fixed: Made Rotten Tomatoes movie lookup work for a few more titles.
5. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.40.
6. Fixed: Removing a column from the sorting in a list with no sorting (or external sorting) would crash.
7. NEW: Radio Paradise toolbar channel buttons added.
8. Fixed: A occasional mismatch with Radio Parasdise metadata for the current playing track.
9. NEW: Added the MCC MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW (26031) to add selected files to Playing Now using any of the modes available (play shuffled, add albums to end, etc.).
10. Fixed: The option to advance to the next track didn't work nicely when also picking stop after each item when it played the second to last track in the playlist.
11. Fixed: Playing Ogg Vorbis Internet Radio streams did not work.
12. NEW: Added the website MetaCritic to the online movie information lookup (http://www.metacritic.com).
13. Changed: Brought Rotten Tomatoes back to the online movie lookup.
14. Fixed: Theater View Background color did not work properly since 24.0.59.
15. Changed: The memory playback model "Load decoded file into memory" no longer engages when playing a URL.
16. Fixed: The option to "Advance to the next track when stopping after the current track" could loop to the second file in the playlist instead of the first after the last track.
17. NEW: There's a "Web Media" playlist that shows under the "Streaming" tree item and files from the Open URL dialog get added to it when added to the library.
18. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
19. Fixed: Open Weather Map configuration for Theater View was not working.
12. NEW: Pressing Ctrl+Q+Enter in a search box adds the files to Playing Now (Ctrl+Enter plays).

24.0.61 (11/2/2018)

1. Fixed: MC could deadlock when loading a large DLNA server library.
2. NEW: Non-standard file associations for various DSD mimetypes added so that we can see those files from DLNA server libraries that are using those mimetypes.
3. Changed: Some DLNA servers (like on the QNAP) don't properly provide the total number of files matches in a search which limited us to seeing the first 1000 files in a library.
4. Changed: All other multi-platform applicable changes from the windows build.

24.0.56 (10/4/2018)

1. Fixed: Volume up and down hot keys Cmd+ and Cmd- weren't working.
2. Fixed: Some skins displayed the player bar text font too large so it would overlap the boundaries.
3. Fixed: On OS X Mojave, Media Center could crash if the Security/Privacy/Accessibility settings had not been changed to allow MC to monitor the keyboard media key events.

24.0.53 (9/19/2018)

1. Fixed: In a multi-monitor setup, if the main MC window was maximized on a secondary monitor MC wouldn't remember and after a restart would appear on the first (main) monitor.
2. Fixed: Menu submenu arrows were tiny on Retina displays, also fixed other menu spacing and format problems.
3. Fixed: The Options, DSP, and other dialogs on a Retina display would double in size when user tried to resize them.
4. Fixed: Save and restore of window placement wasn't taking retina scaling into account, so the program could come up in different sizes.
5. Fixed: Progress and status updates in the action window for thumbnail building and other long processes would stop updating after a period of time.  It would look like it didn't finish.
6. Fixed: The text font size picker (in Options / Tree & View) was wonky with Retina displays and the fonts would get smaller and smaller with each change.
7. Fixed: Splitter window sizes in the Media Center UI would change when switching between Retina and standard res displays.
8. NEW: Panel - Added an option to toggle ratings.
9. Changed: Panel - Added tabs to the settings page and groupings for similar options.
10. Changed: Panel - Thumbnail art is no longer cropped into squares.
11. Changed: Panel - Different icon for the streaming page button.
12. Fixed: Panel - Possible error on the Playing Now page if a file had no track information.
13. Fixed: Panel - A couple of issues with the alphabetic slider interface not working properly.
14. Fixed: Panel - Pressing the Playing Now page button was not scrolling the currently playing track to the top of the list on mobile devices.
15. Fixed: Panel - The file list was not loading correctly because it wasn't rendering properly.
16. Fixed: Radio Paradise could just play the opening listener supported clip over and over in some cases (at least until more tracks loaded).
17. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
18. Fixed: The OpenGL variant of Theater View didn't support clicking the rating bar in Playing Now.
19. Fixed: Radio Paradise could report a problem starting playback (and not play).
20. NEW: Added the option General > Behavior > Remove files from Playing Now after they are played.
21. NEW: Added a DSD Bitstreaming option to select the maximum DSD sample rate to bitstream, and otherwise fallback to decoding.
22. Changed: Pix01 uses more secure building and uploading of galleries. You MUST have this build or newer to upload galleries to Pix01 now.
23. NEW: Pix01 has a password change function which it triggered by the "forgot password" button in the pix01 login information box. ALL passwords for pix01 have been reset and will need to be updated by the user.
24. Changed: Pix01 has higher resolution gallery uploads and the webpage displays larger thumbnail images.
25. NEW: DLNA: If we are playing to (controlling) a renderer and the track playback stops before the end (granularity of 5 seconds) we assume another controller has been used to stop the playback and as such we will not continue a playlist and assume we are no longer the active controller.
26. NEW: Links to individual playlists can be added to the toolbar.
27. Changed: Radio JRiver will skip any files in a "Radio JRiver Skips" playlist.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 24.0.70 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 11:56:46 am »

Threading changes appears to be much better, smoother UI in general.

Jons

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 05:21:59 pm »

I just posted on an earlier version before seeing this new version.  I downloaded 24.0.70 and scrolling horizontally and vertically are both improved, but it is still pretty bad.  Are there further things that can be done.

This is slow enough so I would consider it a bug.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Mac Startup Broke
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 08:22:23 pm »

Under Options -> Startup -> Mac Startup i've selected it to 'Media Server (allows library sharing)' and yet when the mac starts it not only launches the media server but also the Media Center.  This is not according to the selected option.  I don't want Media Center to launch on startup, just the Media Server.

bob

• Administrator
Re: Mac Startup Broke
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 04:56:12 pm »

Under Options -> Startup -> Mac Startup i've selected it to 'Media Server (allows library sharing)' and yet when the mac starts it not only launches the media server but also the Media Center.  This is not according to the selected option.  I don't want Media Center to launch on startup, just the Media Server.
That Media Server option is only functional on windows and should be removed from the options.

You should be able to get it to go into a similar mode on the Mac with the command line option /MediaServer.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 07:14:27 pm »

It does appear to launch the Media Server as I see it in my menubar after restarting macOs.  The only problem is it also launches the Media Center client which I believe is the bug.  Instead of removing the option from the menu how about just fixing it to not launch Media Center aside the server if selected?  That is really what I want and I don't normally launch apps on a mac via command line and I doubt many do or would normally.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Pop-Up Window Wrong Z-Order
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 07:17:06 pm »

Pop-up windows and dialogs open with the wrong Z-Order, especially considering when they are Modal.  Instead of opening in front of all the other windows so you know they are there and must respond to them they open behind all the other windows and often you have no idea why the interface no longer works for any other clearly visible window.  Model dialogs should always be in front of all other windows and ideally highlighted and selected as active by default.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 07:19:27 pm »

We agree.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 06:50:07 pm »

When the Media Server is loaded and you 'restart' the mac I get a dialog telling me MediaServer is blocking the restart and I have to hit the 'retry' button before it finally lets the mac reboot.  It happens every time.

all_grown_up

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2019, 06:46:37 pm »

My apologies in advance if my inquiry is in the wrong place or if it has been addressed.  I could not find this topic address.

I am using a Macbook Pro and want my music files on an external hard drive.  MC crashes (stops working) after between 2 and 5 minutes.  Doesn't matter whether anything is playing or not.  I tried running MC with a library on the internal drive and there was no problem.  I am therefore assuming it has something to do with the external drive.  Tried two different drives, Seagates 3.25.  Crashed with both.  Is there something I need to do to configure MC with an external drive?

Should mention that the same problem existed with MC 22.

Appreciate thoughts and suggestions

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 06:59:09 pm »

What version are you using?

all_grown_up

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 07:46:18 pm »

just downloaded and installed 24.0.69
thans

all_grown_up

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 07:50:10 pm »

also disabled anti virus and vpn to see if that could be the problem.  Apparently they were not

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 08:15:23 am »

also disabled anti virus and vpn to see if that could be the problem.  Apparently they were not
Try 24.0.70 from this thread.
What is the format of your external drive?

If you get another crash, please turn on logging, get it to crash again and email the log file to bob (at) jriver (dot) com.
Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 11:15:12 am »

Try 24.0.70 from this thread.
What is the format of your external drive?

If you get another crash, please turn on logging, get it to crash again and email the log file to bob (at) jriver (dot) com.
Thanks.
I'm guessing that your drive is formatted fat32 since it's a seagate backup drive, I have one of those for testing as well.

I see the last file accessed is in this directory:
/Volumes/Seagate Backup Plus Drive/Alan/My Music/Bruce Music/Tony Rice/Sings Gordon Lightfoot/

I'm wondering if there is a corrupt file in there or a filename with some odd characters?
Can you copy/paste a list of that folder contents in a reply?
Also try turning off auto-import (remove any auto-import folders you may have added) and try to import just that folder manually?

all_grown_up

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 12:57:25 pm »

Progress
It was actually crashing no matter file I was playing which means that the last file probably wouldn't tell us anything.
However, I have cleared the library and created a small library with only one subdirectory of the music collection.  Now it is not crashing.  So there is probably one or more files in the music collection that is causing the crash.  I will see whether and how far I can isolate the culprit.  It may be difficult because there are 30000 files and over 5000 subdirectories.

Will report back

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »

Progress
It was actually crashing no matter file I was playing which means that the last file probably wouldn't tell us anything.
However, I have cleared the library and created a small library with only one subdirectory of the music collection.  Now it is not crashing.  So there is probably one or more files in the music collection that is causing the crash.  I will see whether and how far I can isolate the culprit.  It may be difficult because there are 30000 files and over 5000 subdirectories.

Will report back
Ok, thanks.
Just be aware that if auto-import is configured, MC will scan for changes when it first starts (as well as when the filesystem sends change updates while the program is running).
This means that after startup if it runs into a badly corrupted file while scanning for changes it could crash at that point. Disabling auto-import would prevent that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up