INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prefer Multichannel to 2 channel?  (Read 1018 times)

davewave

• Junior Woodchuck
Prefer Multichannel to 2 channel?
« on: January 13, 2019, 09:52:38 pm »

Is there a way to set up Media Center to automatically play a DVD Audio or SACD ISO file in multichannel mode when there is a choice between 2 channel and multiple channels?    Right now the program seems to default to starting with the 2 channel tracks.

Thanks

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Prefer Multichannel to 2 channel?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:50:01 am »

Is there a way to set up Media Center to automatically play a DVD Audio or SACD ISO file in multichannel mode when there is a choice between 2 channel and multiple channels?    Right now the program seems to default to starting with the 2 channel tracks.
Sure.  I just set up a View which includes only files with >2 channels.  It will then show only those files including the ones in an ISO.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 04:48:32 am »

Sure.  I just set up a View which includes only files with >2 channels.  It will then show only those files including the ones in an ISO.

I have a couple of SACDs which have certain tracks only in 2 channels, and others in multi-channel. This approach would caused some tracks to be skipped. For that matter, on a physical SACD player, it requires changing layers on the player to play all the content. Not ideal for sure. A really smart player would figure which tracks only exist in 2 channels so none are omitted. I don't think you'll be able to manage that with a view in Media center.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 09:44:11 am »

I have a couple of SACDs which have certain tracks only in 2 channels, and others in multi-channel. This approach would caused some tracks to be skipped. For that matter, on a physical SACD player, it requires changing layers on the player to play all the content. Not ideal for sure. A really smart player would figure which tracks only exist in 2 channels so none are omitted. I don't think you'll be able to manage that with a view in Media center.
Understood.  It is an easy solution offered for those, like me, who do not have that issue. 
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 03:26:42 pm »

I wonder if you could use the find duplicates function to make this work?  I remember there was a way to do this, but I don't remember the details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up