INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: House Band Alexa Skill Breaks Ask to Resume Playback Using Bookmarks  (Read 1065 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Hello,

I recently upgraded from MC 22 to MC 24 64 bit. The Ask to resume playback using bookmarks feature stopped working. After multiple re-installs, I finally figured out that the House Band Alexa skill is what is causing the issue.

When I run this MCWS request, the Ask to resume feature works again: http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Configuration/ErrorFreeMode?ErrorFree=0

The feature stops working only after I ask House Band, via my Echo Dot, to play some music. If I instead browse for the same music using the MC GUI, the feature continues to work on all videos. I can replicate the issue each time using these steps.

In MC 22 this was never an issue. I think it is due to this feature added in MC 23.0.54:
5. Changed: The program will no longer ask about resuming from a bookmark even if it's configured to ask when it's in no error mode (like when it's connected to a server).

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,112250.msg775814.html#msg775814

The problem is that I'm not using MC as a client to connect to a another MC server. The music and videos I'm playing are all on the same local computer. So, somehow using the House band skill is tricking MC into thinking its connecting to a server and switching it to no error mode.

Can this be fixed in MC 24? I can't upgrade to MC 25 due to having an older computer that can't play the new Theater View engine.

Otherwise I'll need to downgrade to MC 22.

I have PM'd the House Band developer about the issue as well.

Thanks!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

kfrank

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: House Band Alexa Skill Breaks Ask to Resume Playback Using Bookmarks
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 07:23:38 am »

I am having the same issue. Have you heard back from the developer? I have also tried to contact him and have not gotten a reply.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 07:43:45 am »

There is really no "issue" as such, but if MC is set to ErrorFree mode, it'll not show graphical prompts about playback, because its designed for headless operation where the user would not be able to answer such prompts.
Imagine MC would pop-up a resume question if you ask House Band to play something, how would you ever know to check or answer that? Thats really what the mode is for.

However, if the House Band skill activates this mode, it should probably also deactivate it afterwards.

On MCs side, I'm not sure what we can or should change there.

PS:
The most recent version of MC24 should have greater hardware compatibility in Theater View again then earlier versions had.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 05:13:59 pm »

Thanks Hendrik.

Yeah I agree that the Error Free mode works appropriately as intended in MC. Somehow house band is tricking MC inappropriately to switch, or as you say should change it back. I did not hear back from the developer yet.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up