INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i can't get to play iso files for some reason  (Read 1161 times)

notbad

• Recent member
i can't get to play iso files for some reason
« on: January 20, 2019, 03:12:23 pm »

hello from Italy,
for some reason i cannot get to play iso files (i refer to audio ones since i do not insert video files in jriver library). I get "something went wrong with playback" message any time i try.

I use jriver since 3 or 4 years and i switched to MC24 a couple of weeks ago. Also i temporarly moved the library (a couple of months ago) from the NAS to the computer. I can't say if the problem arose before or after both these changes in setup...nevertheless I can't read ISO files anymore.

I searched for answers in the forum but i couldn't find a solution. tried with file association changes but it didn't work.

any help is welcome!

thanks in advance

notbad

• Recent member
Re: i can't get to play iso files for some reason
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 04:21:36 pm »

hello again, maybe could be helpful for some users!

Searching on the forum i found similar complains from user in the past years. Users thinking the problem was the NAS, or the external drive, or a setup problem. none of them.

The problem arises when the library is moved from a drive to another. In this case infact ISO file will not play anymore in MC. there are no changes in setup to make. I tried different setup combinations for days with no results.

the only way to restore normal iso files playback is to delete them from the library (be sure not to delete the files themselves!) and then re-import the folder/folders contening them using the import tool. MC will then play those flawlessly.

maybe this little bug will be solved in MC25?  could be helpful!

TAGS: iso files playback problems, ISO DSD, DSD ISO, something went wrong in playback

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 06:37:12 am »

I am having troubles with ISO files too ... but nobody is hearing so far .. the wiki does not help too much
I acan play some ISO SACDs though ...
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 08:52:07 am »

The problem arises when the library is moved from a drive to another. In this case infact ISO file will not play anymore in MC.

Yes, this is a problem that has been reported and discussed many times here in the forum.  Sadly I can't remember the details of why this happens or how to fix it.  But I do recall that there some kind of fix you can run.  A forum search might help you... sure wish I could remember the details...

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up