Networks and Remotes > Remotes

MO 4Media - remote control and player (Windows 10, UWP)

(1/16) > >>

cncb:
This is the Windows/UWP app version of MO 4Media.  It is like the Android version but is remote control and device audio and basic video playback only (no casting or downloads).  I am only able to test it on a Windows 10 PC.  The ARM version is included in the bundle but I don't know if it will work or install on these devices.  It is free to use.  I don't currently plan to add any more to this version of the app or put it in the Windows Store.

Download from Google Drive (the 39MB file is too big for an attachment to this post)

To install/sideload on a Windows 10 PC:
1- Go to Windows Settings | Update & Security | For Developers and make sure Sideload apps is selected
2- Unzip downloaded file, open Explorer and navigate to unzipped directory
3- Right-click .cer file, select Install Certificate
4- Select Local Machine, Next
5- Select Place all certificates in the following store
6- Select Browse and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities
7- Select Next and then Finish to install certificate
8- Double-click .appxbundle file to install app

If you want to connect to MC on the same PC, run the following at the command prompt (Admin privileges required):

--- Code: ---CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="4f262a20-6acc-418e-b408-19e37e39d071_m9xqadxmj9t0r"
--- End code ---

Notes:
- If connected via ethernet, the "Mobile" conversion settings are used.
- The cover art is not displayed in the media control popup that is shown when you use the media keys on your keyboard (not sure why since I think I am specifying it correctly)

cncb:
Screenshot

syndromeofadown:
Thanks for this cncb.

I'm excited to get this running on my Surfaces.

I also have 2 windows phones that I will try out.

Hopefully this week as I'm ridiculously busy these days.

cncb:
I just added local PC/device audio playback capability which is available in the new version at the download site.

RoderickGI:
Seems to work. I have an old Windows Mobile that I might try this on at some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version