INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: question about Tag Window  (Read 1074 times)

sluizer

• World Citizen
question about Tag Window
« on: February 01, 2019, 01:16:49 am »

Hello,

I have rearranged the tag window so that Playlists is the last item. But when I open the Playlists tag, it doesn't fill the entire space that is available (see attachment). Is there any way to cause this to happen?

In fact, I would really like to be able to make playlists fill the entire tag window space. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for any help,
Suzanne Sluizer

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: question about Tag Window
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 11:39:15 am »

I know what you mean, like the old tag window did it, right?

Same applies to "Large Edit" fields like lyrics, description and so on...

Sadly, the new tag window cannot emulate that old tag window behaviour. The large edit fields can be 'popped out', but I'm not a fan of that as it breaks the ctrl+enter combo for committing any changes made, and, well, having everything contained within the tag window space was just... tidier.

Other than that though, everything else to do with the new tag window is streets ahead of the old one.

-marko

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 11:49:27 am »

Right now the tag window forces an ideal height of 220, but I'll look at changing a coming Media Center.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sluizer

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 12:11:38 pm »

I know what you mean, like the old tag window did it, right?

Same applies to "Large Edit" fields like lyrics, description and so on...

Sadly, the new tag window cannot emulate that old tag window behaviour. The large edit fields can be 'popped out', but I'm not a fan of that as it breaks the ctrl+enter combo for committing any changes made, and, well, having everything contained within the tag window space was just... tidier.

Other than that though, everything else to do with the new tag window is streets ahead of the old one.

-marko

Yes, exactly like the old one. For me, the new tag window isn't as effective, because all I ever use is Playlists.

Thanks for the info.

sluizer

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 12:12:51 pm »

Right now the tag window forces an ideal height of 220, but I'll look at changing a coming Media Center.

That would be a huge win for me, as Playlists is the only thing that I ever look at in the tag window.

Thanks.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 01:43:48 pm »

If your main thing is assigning songs and albums to playlists, you might really like a Playlists panes view.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but you can use a Panes view for tagging.  So when you display all of your playlists in a Pane, you can then select some albums or songs and then put a check next to the playlist(s) you want that assigned to.  I've got some screen shots and a little bit of discussion here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=106108.0

This should give you a lot of screen area to work with so it might be good for what you are trying to do.

Good luck.

Brian.

sluizer

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 03:46:27 pm »

If your main thing is assigning songs and albums to playlists, you might really like a Playlists panes view.

I'm not sure if you are aware, but you can use a Panes view for tagging.  So when you display all of your playlists in a Pane, you can then select some albums or songs and then put a check next to the playlist(s) you want that assigned to.  I've got some screen shots and a little bit of discussion here:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=106108.0

This should give you a lot of screen area to work with so it might be good for what you are trying to do.

Good luck.

Brian.

Thanks for the suggestion. My main thing isn't assigning songs and albums to playlists -- although I do some of that -- but I'll play around with this and see if it can work for me. Thanks again.

nataru

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 05:41:05 pm »

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up