INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom video mode with conditions  (Read 558 times)

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
Custom video mode with conditions
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:55:48 am »

Currently using madvr with dynamic hdr tone mapping, I'm forced to use D3D11 native decoding for its performance gains.
Problem is, D3D11 does not support deinterlacing.

My goal would be to use conditions in the custom video mode like this :

- LAV Video decoder with interlaced condition (could be filename starting with TV, or a interlaced flag in the tags) with D3D11 disabled
- LAV Video decoder with D3D11 for all other cases

I couldn't find help on the conditions anywhere, and the hints in the settings window are not enough for what I'm trying to achieve.
Would anyone have a list of supported functions in that condition field in custom video mode ?
Thx

Thinking about it I might need to use another video decoder for the interlaced settings, but the problem to activate it or not remains.
Using zones would be the backup plan if I can't figure it out otherwise.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom video mode with conditions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 05:03:04 am »

The Custom Filter dialog lets you specify various conditions for using custom filters. So the easiest solution would be to use the built-in automatically configured LAV Video for TV material, and setup a rule to use the custom manually configured variant for non-TV things using a selection rule.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 05:07:03 am »

That's actually what I'm trying to do, but can't find a list of supported functions in the condition field.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 05:13:33 am »

As an alternative you could also setup two zones with different video configuration, that would definitely work. The custom filter dialog seems to be mostly aimed at selecting codecs based on video format, not generic tags.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

narbi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 09:35:14 am »

Ok so I got it working using a new interlaced zone.

First I created a new library entry for interlaced, then I flagged all TV channels and DVDs as interlaced.
Not really a problem as well... tv channels don't change often, if at all, and I won't be buying dvds anymore. Interlaced BDs are more the exception than the rule (art of flight comes to mind, so I flagged it too).

Copied current zone to a new one and changed the interlaced zone to ROHQ, leaving the main one in custom mode.
Then zone switch based on the interlaced library entry + video/tv media type.

Thanks for your input Hendrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up