INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new to this....questions about JRiver and my dac integrating  (Read 463 times)

Guitarmageddon

new to this....questions about JRiver and my dac integrating
« on: February 02, 2019, 12:03:00 pm »

Hey everyone , Im really new to the arena of "nice" audio stuff.... just got some sennheiser hd600 as well as a modi3/jds atom combo. I have been reading a lot on windows messing with audio quality, and that you should strive for "bit perfect" options. How I found jriver....

Can someone sanity check my logic/setup? Its all a bit confusing. I was using optical out of the onboard audio, and just selecting the optical playback device in windows for when I wanted to use my dac/amp headphones for sound, versus my 5.1 system. However I learned that is apparently using windows sound which messes with quality somewhat and isnt optimal. I was avoiding using the modi3 via usb just because drivers can be annoying and imperfect with stuff like this. I gave in last night and hooked up via usb and downloaded jriver. I selected the modi3/wasapi as my playback device in the jriver options, and also selected jriver as my windows playback device for when I want to use headphones. I stream with mostly tidal, so I also selected jriver/exclusive mode as the playback device in the tidal options. Am I doing this right? Am I still getting "bit perfect" audio via other sources, for example if I play a flac file but use the windows media player, or even play games (which I do alot) but still have jriver as my playback device?

The setup I settled on was to have the mediacenter start with windows, minimized, so it was a short number of steps for me to just plug in headphones and select jriver as my playback device.

I did notice though that I get some skipping type noises when I am seeking tracks in sources. Not a huge deal since the sound quality seems good, but wonder if I have a setting wrong. Id appreciate the help or any suggestions thanks all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up