INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver mc24: failed to build digital preview graph in win10  (Read 1622 times)

drdave206

• Recent member
JRiver mc24: failed to build digital preview graph in win10
« on: January 23, 2019, 06:53:35 pm »

some how mc24 has canned my channels. no tuner available. backed up library. did channel scan, no joy. uninstalled AVG, Hdhomerun and mc24. did registry cleanup with ccleaner. restart and re install hdhomerun and mc24. insured firewall OK. The channel scan fails. Hdhomerun works.
Help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: jriver mc24: failed to build digital preview graph in win10
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 07:02:58 pm »

I don't have a HDHomeRun so can't talk to the setup and such...

But one of the issues that has raised itself a few times with older HDHomeRun tuners is a weak power supply. As you have seen the "No tuners available" message, and MC can't scan for channels, it could be that your power supply is dying. MC seems to work the tuner harder during a channel scan than the HDHomeRun software.

So, other solutions I leave for others to suggest, but if the tuner is old, a quick change to a new quality power supply may fix the issue. Make sure the new power supply can handle the current draw requirement easily. Over specify if you can.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

drdave206

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 07:25:59 pm »

Strange that a duplicate computer on the same network has NO problems and you suggest that three separate tuners power supplies are ALL 'failing'. Not likely

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 07:50:05 pm »

No, I wasn't suggesting that at all. I was informing you of one of the possibilities, because I have seen it reported, and solved, by others in the past.

I don't know the specific cause. However, as you have now actually shared a little more relevant information, rather than having us rely on ESP, try rebooting the problem PC and all tuners. Maybe your router/switches as well.

Have a good day.  :D
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

drdave206

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 10:17:05 pm »

The original post included 'reboot', actually several times through the process. Had heard about the PS problem but the tuner involved is newer and the Prime is too. This happened in the past [JRiver hack] but the reload process worked then. Failing the graph build means the scan never happened...no load on tuner. It also doesn't help with Win10 updating at close to the same time. This computer is hosting the OTA tuner and recordings-now broke.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 11:30:39 pm »

Yes. Did you reboot all of the tuners as well?

In fact power down the tuners, reboot the router, and then power up the tuners.
Run the Silicon Dust software so that you can set the tuners into "JRiver Media Center" compatibility mode again. Is that the [JRiver hack] you mention? Windows 10 update could well have mucked something up. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117867.msg815356.html#msg815356
Checked the firewall on the PC? Something changed?
Running the latest version, MC24.0.74?
I assume you have been running MC24 for some time when it stopped working, and you didn't just upgrade from an earlier version to take advantage of the current discount for MC25? If you upgraded, double check the PC firewall and antivirus. Allow all components of MC24 in both.

tzr916 might be able to work out the issue. He has handled every variation of this sort of problem I think. Or search for his posts.

drdave206

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 01:12:39 am »

OK. I followed your script. Powered down the router and tuners. Booted the router...pause...powered tuners and ran tuner software. has always been set to jriver. Been running since mc20. currently on mc24.0.72 latest stable. Ran setup TV setup...no joy. Scan failed:could not build digital preview graph. Hdhomerun and mc24 are allowed thru firewall. Network IT Admin For R&D co. There is no real discussion on mc25 for 04/19 release

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 02:08:03 am »

Okay, well you may need to run MC logging for when you attempt the channel scan, and see if there is anything obvious in it.

If you can't find the problem in the log, or resolve it, you may need to wait for Yaobing (primary TV developer for JRiver) to come along and assist.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 09:10:26 am »

I've never heard of this error, but you've got a backup of the original library/settings, so as a test you could try creating a completely new library and redo the tv setup process.

You mentioned another pc on the network. Typically you would setup one pc as the MC Server, then all the others as Clients. The Clients do NOT go through tv setup, in fact it's best to disable all the tuners the Client discovers. Only do tv setup on the Server, then let the Clients grab tuners from the server.

Is that how you are doing it? Is this PC the Server?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

drdave206

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 01:15:07 pm »

Started over. Uninstalled everything. Cleared app data. re-installed hdhomerun. Ran Ccleaner. Reboot. Re-installed mc24. Updated to mc24.0.72 stable. Started mc24 and initiated logging. Ran tv setup. Failed as before. Attached log. Thanks for the help so far :-\

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 01:18:45 pm »

HDHomerun has a JRiver setting.

Running ccleaner is not recommended.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver mc24: failed to build digital preview graph in win10
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 04:50:02 pm »

It looks like MC only found one physical tuner device that has two tuners in it. So one of the dual tuners. But it couldn't connect to the tuner it tried to, hence the error you received. The underlying error was;
0055297: 11260: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream - 0x2a9a2684d40: Cannot load tuner device and connect network provider hr=0x80040154

In fact, your system specs show one single tuner device, one dual tuner device, and the Prime as a triple tuner device. But it doesn't identify the models. At least not in terms I understand.
Could you share the model numbers of all the HDHomeRun tuners you have? Thanks.

It also looks like MC might be trying to run an EPG job, which would prevent a Channel Scan from working. If you have been loading a MC Library Backup that has EPG Profiles, could you disable the Profiles, restart MC, and try the scan again?

Beyond that, I can't see what the cause is in the log. Maybe Yaobing could see it. But it is strange the MC doesn't appear to see all three tuner devices.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 04:52:19 pm »

I believe you have to open your firewall.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 05:01:20 pm »

I hope he has Jim, given this:

Network IT Admin For R&D co.

But...

drdave206

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2019, 05:13:37 pm »

1. hdhomerun set to jriver [since mc20]
2. multiple posts no having firewall ruled SET
3. library NOT restored and C:\doc\jriver moved to e:\ so as to not be read.
4. no guild is asked to be loaded until after scan complete.
5. will skip commenting on opinion
6. Tuner is only hd connect for simplicity. others are disabled or not powered
7. Tuner shows in jriver as expected

drdave206

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 07:26:11 pm »

Update.
After looking at the log myself, things aren't well. Seems the tuner and network weren't speaking. Swapped power with older tuner...no change. Swapped in the older tuner and changed mc24 to that tuner. Started tv setup and scan...ta da!
Looks like the newer tuner would run the HRHOMERUN app but not mc24. All is well...for now
What's new for mc25?
Thanks to ALL :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »

0055344: 11260: TV: CGenericHDTV::BuildUpstream - 0x2a9a2684d40: Cannot load tuner device and connect network provider hr=0x80040154

This line in the log suggests that the tuner can not be loaded.  I do not know what is causing it since you said that you already re-installed HDHomerun - I am assuming you re-installed the device drivers.  The error code however suggests that the device is not properly registered on your computer.

You could try manually creating a channel and play it, by-passing channel scanning.  It probably will fail too.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up