INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PC connected to remote library, not saving tv settings or recording schedules  (Read 1172 times)

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member

I have the latest Windows version of JRiver running on my local PC with an EyeTV Diversity plugged in and working with JRiver. The loaded JRiver library is remote, however the remote machine doesn't have a tv tuner/card.

My issue is, I've attempted to set up EPG and recording schedules multiple times, however If the app is left for about 30 mins or restarted the settings are wiped. My initial idea was that the setting should be set-up on the master/server library, however there's no tv card in the server so there are no tv options available on the server install of jriver.

Any ideas?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

You must use a local Library for any TV setup. It simply will not work with a PC acting as a Client of a MC Server. I believe using a local tuner for a remote Library is on the list of possible things to do in the future, but there is no support now.

Your options here are either:
1. Move the tuner to the remote PC acting as the Server.
2. Make the local PC with the tuner the Server PC, and the remote PC the Client.
3. Get one of the network tuners (i.e. HDHomeRun) and use that for the Server PC.

That is all.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member

Thanks for the response, unfortunately due to the configuration of the jriver server I can't add hardware easily or replace it as the server.

As another option, would it be possible to run multiple instances of jriver locally (on the same machine)? eg one jriver with remote library loaded, one with local for tv?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Thanks for the response, unfortunately due to the configuration of the jriver server I can't add hardware easily or replace it as the server.

As another option, would it be possible to run multiple instances of jriver locally (on the same machine)? eg one jriver with remote library loaded, one with local for tv?

Using one instance of MC and switching between local library and server library when you need to.  This is probably the best way to deal with the issue, although it is cumbersome.

There is an option in MC to allow multiple instances to run, but that option is not guaranteed to work well.  You can try it if you want to.  Options > General > Advanced > Allow multiple instances to run at one time.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member

Thanks again for your reply. I didn't know about the multiple instances option, I'll give it a try.

For the moment I had success by running jriver as a different user within windows 10. Shift Right click on the app and select 'run as different user' (provided you already have another user setup in win 10). I have a different skin on the tv version of jriver to tell them apart. Not an ideal solution but works better than any other tv apps I've used on win 10 so far.
Thanks, looking forward to the 'local tuner for a remote Library' if it ever eventuates.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

You did it the hard way. Don't use a different Windows User like that. It could lead to all sorts of issues.

Read https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Manager and just set up a local Library for the TV Tuner use, and connect to the remote Library at other times. If you are scheduling recordings on the PC with the tuner, it will need to be running MC with the local Library, so make that the default Library at startup. Scheduled recordings won't happen if you are using the remote library at the time of the program.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

merman-corrode-portage

• Recent member

Indeed it is a little harder in the beginning, however I now have two libraries open at once, one with the remote library and one with scheduled tv recordings and epg data saved.

My remote library is rather large (over 50TB) and generally takes a while to download the database, switching libraries took about 1-2 mins, this way it's instant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up