INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Command Line Parameters?  (Read 1403 times)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Command Line Parameters?
« on: May 22, 2003, 07:38:47 pm »

Is there a place that lists the command line parameters that can be used with MC9 (assuming there are any)?

I know there is the startup settings portion of the Options dialog, but depending on the context in which I am running MC, I would like to be able to start it up differently in different contexts. For example, if I'm running it on my second display (a TV) I'd have it start up in Hairstyle; if I'm running it on my monitir, I'd have it start up normally.

Is there a way to do this?

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Command Line Parameters?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 11:58:27 pm »

Go to the media center page (www.mediajekebox/mediacenter/) and then go to the developers section.  There is a doc there that lists all MCs command line options

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

wickesy

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 12:09:16 am »

Would it be possible to add a command line parameter for MC to load a specific library on startup?

For example I keep all my music in one library and my videos in another.  It would be nice to have a shortcut for each one so that I don't have to start MC and then switch libraries.

V-Man

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 03:13:16 am »

Would it be possible to add a command line parameter for MC to load a specific library on startup?

For example I keep all my music in one library and my videos in another.  It would be nice to have a shortcut for each one so that I don't have to start MC and then switch libraries.

Great idea, I second that request :D

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 05:57:21 am »

Go to the media center page (www.mediajekebox/mediacenter/) and then go to the developers section.  There is a doc there that lists all MCs command line options

Adam

Thanks. For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread the URL is http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/devzone.html

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 10:14:50 am »

I would like very much to have a command line parameter that initiates an iPod sync cycle, using your "last-used" settings.  It should work even if MC isn't currently running.  It should refresh all smartlists that are being synced, just as it normally would.

This way, we can put a shortcut on our desktops to mjextman.exe /ipodsync and get a brand new sync with one double-click.

The iPod synchronization in MC9 is picture-perfect.  All we need now is a command-line parameter that can initiate it and we will have taken another giant step forward in iPod convenience via MC9.

(and believe me, iPod users are ALL about convenience... that's why we paid so darn much for this thing, it's just disgustingly convenient!  8))
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync
Pages: [1]   Go Up