INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inconsistent Delete Menu In Theater View  (Read 549 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe
Inconsistent Delete Menu In Theater View
« on: February 18, 2019, 07:39:33 pm »

Perhaps this belongs in the Media Center 25 forum, but I'll start here...

In my views in Theater View, I've been somewhat annoyed by the way the order of the choices in the Delete menu are different depending on the current file type.  For TV shows (files with a media sub-type of "TV Show"), the order is:

Cancel
Delete File
Recycle File
Remove From Library

However, for other file types, the order is:

Cancel
Remove From Library
Recycle File
Delete File

I've looked through all of the Theater View settings and don't see anything that controls this.  Is it possible to get the order of the options consistent for all file types?  If not, please consider this a change request with a preference for the order that it's in for TV shows.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Inconsistent Delete Menu In Theater View
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 09:41:37 pm »

I did it on purpose.  For TV shows, the most likely choice is "Delete File" so I put it right next to the default choice so that you can reach it by fewest presses of the arrow key.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

greynolds

Re: Inconsistent Delete Menu In Theater View
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 09:52:18 pm »

I did it on purpose.  For TV shows, the most likely choice is "Delete File" so I put it right next to the default choice so that you can reach it by fewest presses of the arrow key.
At least for me, that’s the most likely choice either way, but the inconsistency makes it more likely to make the wrong choice if not paying careful attention.  Please consider making it consistent (or configurable).
Pages: [1]   Go Up