INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Play back and Lyrics help  (Read 636 times)

IAHawk

• Recent member
Music Play back and Lyrics help
« on: February 28, 2019, 01:54:36 pm »

Hello,

I recently built a new computer and went without a sound card and discarded my Logitech audio system. With the new system I was having all sorts of problems trying to figure out audio my configuration. My new computer has the new ASrock Z390 Taichi Ultimate MB, a Zotac 1080Ti graphics card, plenty of memory and HD space. Before I finally got some advice from some tech forums on audio I was trying to have audio from my computer using two methods. One is HDMI cable from my Graphics card to my Denon AVR-X4100W, and an optical cable from my motherboard to my Denon. The problem I ran into was with the optical cable and trying to find the correct Real Tek drivers and software to get sound. The Real Tek stuff is a nightmare. I still never figured out what I needed to get the sound right from the optical cable. With the optical cable I wanted all the different audio capabilities, DDS, THX, 2 Channel stereo, multi channel stereo etc... In order to get all of this one had to do some serious voodoo.
I use my computer for music and gaming mostly hardly if ever watch movies. I was mainly concerned with gaming audio. Want to know how to get gaming audio in surround where you hear all the background sounds, wind, enemies sneaking up on you from different directions.
What I found out was all I needed was to use the HDMI cable and the receiver will process the audio for me. When it came to the music was suggested I use MC WASAPI so when I configure my Denon to "DenonAVRHD (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) [WASAPI]" I get a playback problem. I get "Playback could not be started on the output WASAPI using the format 44.1 kHz 2ch. This output may not be supported by your hardware"

First what exactly is WASAPI? How do I fix this?

Also my MB also has an HDMI port should I use this or keep using the port from my Graphics card?

And last, (sorry about the long post), I used to use iTunes and Crintsofts Mini-lyrics but iTunes went to crap and took Mini-Lyrics with it, it no longer works with iTunes and Crintsoft stopped updating Mini-Lyrics to work with iTunes. I went to the JRiver plug-ins page and saw there are some add-ons to have lyrics,  Gooroomp++ and Gooroomp Info. I used the self installer install these but have no idea on how to get them to work. Are they compatible with JRiver MC 24? Help with this would be great too.

Here is my sound set up.
Denon AVR
FL, FR, Center, SL, SR and powered sub.

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music Play back and Lyrics help
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 06:15:31 pm »

The wiki has a topic called Audio Setup.  It talks about WASAPI.

MC25 will have lyrics support.

IAHawk

• Recent member
Re: Music Play back and Lyrics help
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 08:58:28 am »

Thank you.

Do have advice on which HDMI port is should be using, the motherboard or the graphics card.

Pages: [1]   Go Up