INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Formatting the library display  (Read 491 times)

stephock

• Recent member
Formatting the library display
« on: March 03, 2019, 11:41:40 am »

I have a number of views based on the 'Panes' view, with many columns displayed below. Many of these are 'expression' fields which I have programmed to display what I need to see. For instance, I have three columns for 'Soloist 1', 'Soloist 2' and 'Soloist 3', which take the information stored in 'Soloists' and displays each entry in that list separately. There is also a column which contains a '+' should the number of soloists exceed 3. All very easy.

Now I want to do the following: In a display of x rows, I want to suppress certain information (composer, work, etc) when that information is the same as in the previous row, i.e. In a list of composer works, I only want the composer name to appear on the first row for that composer, with the other rows blank, until the name of the composer changes. The same with work - Symphony 4 would appear once, with the successive rows (displaying the movements) blank.

I have tried with many variables, including 'save' and 'load', all to no avail. The only way I can see to do it is by adding 'track numbers' and comparing them. That works; but the job is too daunting even to consider. What I need is a variable which will store the value from a previous row(), but I can't find that anywhere. Can any person who uses the expression language help? Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up