INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suddenly can not play blu-ray anymore  (Read 746 times)

Marcellus

• Recent member
Suddenly can not play blu-ray anymore
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:28:59 am »

I have a backup from a blu-ray (made by MC) that I played before, but now suddenly can not play anymore. Also if I put the original blu-ray in the drive, I can back it up, but not play. First MC tries to download some additional stuff, but this fails. After that, I get a dialog with this text if I try to play blu-ray; Something went wrong with playback. Details; Please install a Blu-ray reader to enable Blu-ray movie playback. Popular choises include 'AnyDVD HD' and 'DVDfab Passkey for Blu-ray'.  Before this was never needed, what is wrong here?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Suddenly can not play blu-ray anymore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 10:34:21 am »

MC cannot play encrypted Blu-ray discs. A tool to decrypt the discs like AnyDVD HD was always required, unless the disc you are playing isn't encrypted in the first place - but all commercial ones obviously are.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Marcellus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 11:02:47 am »

It is not encrypted. Also, I said specifically that I PLAYED IT BEFORE. Also, playing with VLC works. Playing it with MPC-HC works. The problem occurs after "Adding required components". So, why all of the sudden I can not play my blu-ray (and older and new backup) anymore? I re-installed older version MediaCenter240030-x64, but somehow that also does not help.

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 12:41:20 pm »

did you recently update? ... the update might have contained new madvr or lav filters ... hence “dowloading required component” ... this must complete before playback can resume

reverting back to older version will also start “dowlonding required component” ... as whatever component that was replaced been deleted already

this “dowloading ...” must complete ... check your antivirus or firewall ... they might interfere with dowloading
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)
Pages: [1]   Go Up