INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uninstall/reinstall Rio 500 driver/plug-in  (Read 992 times)

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
uninstall/reinstall Rio 500 driver/plug-in
« on: May 21, 2003, 04:28:10 am »

My computer recently had a serious hardware failure and since it recovered from it Media Center doesn't recognize my Rio 500 anymore. MC says that either the Rio is not powered or that the driver is not installed. However my Rio is powered and appear as functioning properly in the device manager. I had never installed any driver (no rioworld driver, no rioport, no nothing) on this computer, except for the MC rio 500 plug-in and everything worked fine before the crash.
Now, I've tried to completely uninstall the driver but I know that I miss something in doing so. Sometime ago someone had posted a link to a sonicblue webpage that listed files to erase in the windows/system folder but the page has now disappeared from the forum. Can someone please repost the direction to completely uninstall the driver?

Thanks in advance.

SteveG

Re: uninstall/reinstall Rio 500 driver/plug-in
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 05:36:31 am »

IOth,

Here you go...

To work well with MJ you need to get the Rio drivers installed that come with the MJ Plugin. If XP has already installed the drivers that come with it, I would suggest that you remove them fully by following the directions at

http://www.sonicblue.com/support/rio/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Rio&item=faqs&product=Rio_500_PC#20399

Also uninstall the Rio Plugin for MJ. Make sure your Rio is disconnected and reboot.

After you reboot and BEFORE you connect your Rio, download the MJ Rio plugin. When you connect your Rio and XP asks if you want to install the default drivers, DO NOT accept the default, instead, point the installation to look in your System32 directory where it will find the drivers that we distribute with the Plug-in.

YOU MUST LOG IN ONCE AND THEN REBOOT AND LOG IN AGAIN TO GET THIS TO WORK.

lOth

Re: uninstall/reinstall Rio 500 driver/plug-in
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 11:53:44 am »

Thanks SteveG, it worked beautifully!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up