INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art from Windows buffer  (Read 664 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cover art from Windows buffer
« on: April 04, 2019, 11:09:39 am »

I seem to remember that if an image was in the windows buffer then it could be used as cover art. I can't seem to get this working.
Is it for music only? If so can it be implemented for Video / TV also.

Ideally TV Season and Series art.

Ross

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover art from Windows buffer
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 04:43:02 pm »

The Cover Art "Cover Art > Paste from clipboard (image or URL)" function works on any selected file, including video files. So yes, it works for Video / TV, for Movies, TV Episodes, and other videos.

However, Season and Series Cover Art isn't linked to an individual file, but to a grouping of files. You have to use the "Cover Art > Get from Internet" function to get those, or if you have other images you want to use, you have to create files and put them into the "Cover Art\Series" and "Cover Art\Season" directories, named correctly to match the Series name and Season number. Have a look in the Cover Art directory to work out the naming.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 04:42:16 am »

I'm sure there was some discussion that if there was an image in the buffer then MC would offer it as an option in the 'get from internet' section. Quite a few new shows don't have season art but do have series art.

If this could be added it would save a lot of time messing about with making jpg files and putting them in the correct place on the filesystem.

Ross

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 06:33:47 pm »

I'm sure there was some discussion that if there was an image in the buffer then MC would offer it as an option in the 'get from internet' section. Quite a few new shows don't have season art but do have series art.

I don't recall ever seeing the function, but haven't needed to use it, so I wouldn't. I do have a vague recollection of a discussion something like that. But I thought it was for Cover Art for individual files. The "Get from internet" Cover Art functionality must have changed a bit at some time, as there is stuff in the Wiki that is out of date. But nothing on this.

If this could be added it would save a lot of time messing about with making jpg files and putting them in the correct place on the filesystem.

That isn't a bad idea. Much quicker and simpler for users. Less chance of something getting broken, or files being named incorrectly, etc. Clipboard art could be shown below the "Your Library" art for easy selection.

Perhaps drop the suggestion into the "Too easy" thread?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up