INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert People Places to keywords  (Read 461 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Convert People Places to keywords
« on: July 22, 2019, 05:50:51 pm »

I'm trying to automatically create keywords from my People (and possibly Places and Events if it works) panes so that my files get tagged in Windows Explorer.

I followed the instructions in the https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Photo_Tagging where the writer says to select the keywords column (I tried with a few items in the column) and to insert:
Code: [Select]
=if(IsEmpty([Genre]),,Genre\[Genre];)if(IsEmpty([Event]),,Event\[Event];)if(IsEmpty([Location]),,Location\[Location];)if(IsEmpty([Places]),,Places\[Places];)if(IsEmpty([People]),,People\replace([People],;,;People\))
Unfortunately, I get a garbled mess when I do that.  Anyone care to advise (and better yet, modify the wiki if it is no longer relevant)?

Edit: I found a discussion of the exact thing I'm looking for here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110343.msg762971.html#msg762971 but alas, nothing in there got me any further along.

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re: Convert People Places to keywords
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 03:09:52 pm »

Just wondering if there is a way to do this?
I like to use MC's People, Places, etc when tagging because it is simpler and faster, but I also want my tags to be searchable via Windows Explorer, and the only way for that to happen is if I put the tags in the Keywords field instead.

Is there any way to automatically populate the keywords field with whatever tags are in People, Places, Events?

(I've read pretty much everything there is to read on the forum and the wiki and came close to what I wanted (see my original post), but it doesn't work.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Convert People Places to keywords
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 06:07:50 pm »

Hi Lise,
You can copy tags, but I don't think there's a way to keep them in sync.  It's not a bad idea.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up