INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problem  (Read 1248 times)

jrjmpls

• Recent member
Cover art problem
« on: March 26, 2019, 08:26:53 am »

Installed ver 25 and more than half of my cover art doesn't show. I'm having to go album by album and point to the cover art directory.

I have to drill down to the directory with the art every time and then it asks me if I want to transfer the art to the directory set up in the options.

Now I tried setting up a new cover art directory and when I click OK on the options window the program locks up. Then I have to use Task Manager to shut it down. And when I restart, it hasn't changed to the new directory.

Now I see none of the directories are set up properly. The CD Rips and podcasts directory is also not correct. I changed it and now everything is gone./

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art problem
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:13:22 am »

In Options, set the location for cover art.

jrjmpls

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 09:47:14 am »

Did you read my problem? The cover art directory in the options is correct. I tried changing it to start from scratch byt It won't let me change the cover art diretory

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 09:59:01 am »

Are you using MC in a client/server mode?  You have to be using the machine where the cover art is.

Yes, I read your post.

jrjmpls

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 02:55:33 pm »

Same computer. NOthing has changed except installing ver 25. Everything worked fine with 23 and 24. I changed no directories.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 05:16:04 pm »

Where are your actual Cover Art files located? That is, where do you drill down into to find the Cover Art and associate it again? Full path please.

What do you have set in the Options > File Location > Cover Art? Full path, and all three settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jrjmpls

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 10:24:39 pm »

Now all the albums are gone from the display replaced by stuff I never heard of, e.g., Whats the story morning glory, and then there wer three????

Options>File Locations
Audio (CD rips...)  Z:\Media Center\My Music
Coverart               Z:\Media Center\Coverart

Z is a network drive mapped to drive Z. Audio files and coverart have always been in these directories.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 11:09:55 pm »

Find the last Library Backup for MC24, and Restore it into MC25, with both Restore Options ticked.

It sounds like to the MC25 installation didn't find the MC24 installation properly, and automatically ran an import of everything it could find from everywhere, which happens with a new installation and an empty Library. The Restore, of the MC24 Library and Settings, should fix that.

Also, make sure that your Firewall and all security software is aware of and allows MC25 to do its thing. Both would have known about MC24, but they will need to allow MC25 now.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

jrjmpls

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 09:21:01 am »

The MC 24 restore seems to have fixed the problem. Thanx for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up