INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA Repeating same song  (Read 1165 times)

IAHawk

• Recent member
DLNA Repeating same song
« on: March 29, 2019, 04:13:04 pm »

Hello
I am trying to use MC 24 to stream music to my Denon Receiver, I can hear the music but it repeats the same song over and over only if I use MC to start playing music. Example, Imported Playlists/ Rush Studio Albums/Send To/Play(WoodShop Denon)/Play (shuffled). My receiver will start playing the first song on the list, I have tried shuffling the list and it will always play the same song that it started with.

Now if I go to my Denon receiver choose media server input and choose what ever, play list, artist, genre etc... it plays fine. Play the next song in the list no problems.

What is the solution to fix this?

Thank you

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA Repeating same song
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 01:33:02 am »

Are you running the latest version of MC, 24.0.78?  There have been some DLNA fixes in later versions.

I see that you have more than one DLNA Dynamic Zone on your system. Three actually. Do you have a DLNA Server associated with the Denon Receiver, which I assume is named "WOODSHOP DENON"? If you don't know, right-click on "WOODSHOP DENON" under Playing Now, hover over "Associate with DLNA Server" and check. When you only have one DLNA Server set up in MC, then MC automatically associates every DLNA Dynamic Zone (Renderer) with that Server. If you have more than one DLNA Server set up in MC, then you need to associate one of them with each DLNA Dynamic Zone.

As you do have three DLNA Dynamic Zones, which are DLNA Renderers, you should probably have more than one DLNA Server set up in MC, unless all your Renderers have the same capabilities, in which case you could just use one DLNA Server, and that would be associated with all your Renderers automatically. I suspect that your "Anthem Home Theater" has different capabilities to the "WOODSHOP DENON" and "PC DENON X4100W" Renderers.

If you do set up multiple DLNA Servers in MC, you should configure them to match their target Renderer(s)' Audio, Image, and Video capabilities.

If none of that fixes it, right-click on "WOODSHOP DENON" under Playing Now, hover over "DLNA Controller Options" and select "Disable SetNext Support (for broken renderers)". If that still doesn't work, try changing the other two settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

IAHawk

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 01:03:00 pm »

Ok,
I am not very tech savvy, so how do you associate them with each DNLA Dynamic Zone/Server?
I did check under playing now/associate with DNLA Server/ and there are no options. See picture
I did the other step and checked Disable SetNext.

I find setting up MC24 very confusing.

Thank you for the help

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:30:30 pm »

Okay, the first image is pretty self-explanatory. You only have one DLNA Server set up in MC, so each Dynamic Zone uses that DLNA Server. As you only have one DLNA Server, it is probably the default one that is present in all new MC Libraries.

Have you checked the settings for that DLNA Server, to see what MC is trying to send to your Denon? Have a read of the Wiki article to learn some more: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DLNA

But the issue probably isn't those settings. I see you tried checking the "Disable SetNext Support (for broken renderers)" setting. Try checking each of the three settings in that group, one at a time, and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then try some combinations.

It all really depends on what the DLNA Renderer, the Denon, is capable of doing, and what commands it understands. I do remember other people having this issue, but I thought it had been fixed in MC. You didn't say which version, exactly, of MC24 you were using. Please install the latest, MC24.0.78.

Also, what model Denon are you using? Some people have reported problems with Denon receivers over time, using DLNA and otherwise:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,119382.0.html
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115524.0.html  (This one is a bit technical, and it isn't good news if your Denon is a recent model that uses HEOS. But it does imply that the "Ignore Transport Events" setting may fix playback issues.)
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,118516.msg819941.html#msg819941

Otherwise, I'm not a DLNA expert. AndrewFG might be able to help, if he sees this. I would suggest running his "Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser", but it is quite technical, so probably not a good idea for you.

Maybe try searching the forum some more. Or ask Denon.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up