INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC25 Library management question  (Read 623 times)

sandrei

• Recent member
MC25 Library management question
« on: April 05, 2019, 03:37:28 pm »

I had my library spanning on two hard drives and one of them failed. I have decided to replace both drives with a single bigger drive, so all library would fit on one. And somehow I managed to recover my files from the failed drive, with the whole subfolders structure.
I can assign the new drive one of the letters of an old drive, and I can move the whole failed drive content to another folder. Everything is fine with the files from the drive letter that is the same, but the files that were moved to another drive letter MC25 would not find because the library sends to a different drive letter.

My question is: is it a way to redirect some of the albums/songs from my library to a different destination? a different drive letter for example. 
I would really hate to delete and start over building my library, which is pretty big I would say.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC25 Library management question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:44:08 pm »

The wiki has a topic called Moving Files. 

MC's Find and Replace could change all the drive references from one letter to another.

The Windows Map command could also be used.

sandrei

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 04:28:34 pm »

Thank you. I found at least two "find and replace" in MC25, eventually I found the right one, it is under menu:
<Tools/Library Tools/Rename, Move, & Copy Files>
(you have to dig for it a bit) all the way to the bottom left corner.
I am posting the path in case someone else as dumb as me wants to do the same thing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 04:34:07 pm »

You also probably need to understand how to use MC's Backup and Restore.  It's under the File Menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up