INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No images on "Get Movie info"  (Read 712 times)

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
No images on "Get Movie info"
« on: April 08, 2019, 02:06:58 am »

Hi all.
Have had an issue recently where one of my MC (in my office) isn't pulling images from TMDB, as shown in screen grab for Aquaman. Also this one only looks up from TMDb and Metacritic

But my one at home is working fine (second attachment).
Both on the latest MC25.

I'm sure it's probably an option/setting somewhere that I've missed, but for the life of me, I cannot find it!

Any advice/suggestions?

Cheers :-)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No images on "Get Movie info"
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 05:10:46 am »

Is your office blocking access to TMDB. Can you get to https://www.themoviedb.org/ ?

I don't remember any option to enable this so I think it may be a firewall issue.

Ross

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 12:46:25 am »

Hiya.
Nope, no issues getting to the tmdb website. And it has been working absolutely fine. It just stopped unexpectedly about a month ago (Was still on MC24, but issue carried over to MC25). That is what made me wonder if an option had reset itself.

tunes0710

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 06:28:05 pm »

Random.

Windows rebooted after an update and all is working ok.

No idea why.. unless the PC just needed a restart?!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 06:32:11 pm »

EDIT: You haven't rebooted for a month?! Possibly a firewall rule hadn't been applied after the MC25 installation? Original comment below. Your timing was "perfect".

PS: I always reboot my PC twice after Windows Updates these days, as sometimes it just seems to need a second reboot to finish everything.

---------------------------------

There is no option to stop retrieval or display of the image from TMDB.

This will be a firewall issue. Your firewall should allow;

"Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\JRWeb.exe"
"Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\JRWorker.exe"
"Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Media Center 25.exe"

If you compare the firewall settings for Media Center 25 at home and work you will probably see a difference. If not, look to other firewall settings. Although at work, depending on your work environment, IT people could be blocking all sorts of stuff with complex rules. Like perhaps not allowing image downloads by programs other than a browser, or similar.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up