INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Needs More Good Playlists  (Read 1928 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Needs More Good Playlists
« on: April 13, 2019, 08:29:49 am »

We sent this yesterday to people who have uploaded.  It may be of interest to those who haven't.

We've got 286 playlists and 13,578 tracks now.  All lossless.  All available for streaming.

Thanks,

Jim

--------

Good day,
I'm writing because you've used our playlist feature in the past.  Thank you!  I'd like to ask a favor.  First, I need to explain a few things.

We've renamed Playlist Upload as Cloudplay.  It replaces Doctor Who.

In the old Doctor Who feature, the playlists had no actual audio files included.

In the new Cloudplay feature, the audio is included.  You can read more here:

JRiver Cloudplay

Questions?

If you re-upload your old playlists, the audio files will be included.  You can find them under Playlists > Cloudplay in MC.

Please delete any "test" playlists or similar.  We're hoping to get good mixed playlists.

When you're done, you'll be able to play these playlists, and those of others, from our server.

We've had some bumps along the way, so thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Jim Hillegass

JimH

• Administrator
Re: JRiver Needs More Good Playlists
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 08:31:14 am »

Uploads must be lossless and mixed (not whole CD's).  Please see the Cloudplay topic for more information.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 04:37:49 pm »

We've got 351 playlists and 17,474 tracks now.  Thanks for your help.  Keep them coming.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 05:49:23 pm »

Uploads must be lossless and mixed (not whole CD's).  Please see the Cloudplay topic for more information.
I got the message, probably because I visited for a look around.  OTOH, I have no playlists, only whole albums.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

swiv3d

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:11:52 pm »

Confused! I cancelled my cloudplay account but for the fun of it I clicked upload to the cloud which it did - then said playlist failed to upload - but then dropped the playlist to my desktop etc. and it plays wonderfully. Can anyone explain what is going on here?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 07:16:10 pm »

I got the message, probably because I visited for a look around.  OTOH, I have no playlists, only whole albums.
You could take a few similar albums and shuffle the tracks to get a mixed playlist you could upload.

It's a license requirement for radio. 

swiv3d

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 07:34:26 pm »

As a caveat to my last post I would also like to know why my library is assaulted with https:// versions of the files when this isn't supposed to happen any more ?

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 08:01:24 pm »

You could take a few similar albums and shuffle the tracks to get a mixed playlist you could upload.

It's a license requirement for radio.
Understood but the music I listen to doesn't work that way. 
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 09:17:20 am »

kr4,
Full albums or several consecutive tracks from the same album aren't allowed under a radio streaming license.

But we talked about this today and we may make a change that allows just the user who uploaded the album to play it.  Would that work for you?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 11:41:27 am »

If consecutive tracks are not allowed, how can you play classical music?  Do you have to concatenate the tracks to play all the movements?

hoegu

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 01:15:49 pm »

To whom it may concern,
the recent mail regarding "playlists needed" convinced me to contribute my share. I loaded up some 24 lists but decided to delete 4 or 5 when i realized that i had used some incompatible files which were deleted by jriver before upload. By reason whatever the title sequence  and tagging was not any more linked to the correct files so that`s why i skipped them. Today i found out that my skipped lists were still existing but under the account of other users. Now it`s not a big problem for me, but how is that going? One of these accounts is "guest_3" the playlist "Audio -- COUNTY_FOLK --2HOURS"  , the other one is "JRiver" playlists SAD SONGS; DESPAIR; MELANCHOLY; SOME SICK SONGS" (I use uppercase exlusively within JRiver with only rare excaptions)
thanks for enlightment and best regards Gottfried

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 01:22:23 pm »

We will check.

Please consider using lower case titles.

JohnT

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 02:53:52 pm »

To whom it may concern,
the recent mail regarding "playlists needed" convinced me to contribute my share. I loaded up some 24 lists but decided to delete 4 or 5 when i realized that i had used some incompatible files which were deleted by jriver before upload. By reason whatever the title sequence  and tagging was not any more linked to the correct files so that`s why i skipped them. Today i found out that my skipped lists were still existing but under the account of other users. Now it`s not a big problem for me, but how is that going? One of these accounts is "guest_3" the playlist "Audio -- COUNTY_FOLK --2HOURS"  , the other one is "JRiver" playlists SAD SONGS; DESPAIR; MELANCHOLY; SOME SICK SONGS" (I use uppercase exlusively within JRiver with only rare excaptions)
thanks for enlightment and best regards Gottfried
Sorry about the mixup.  Media Center couldn't identify your account when uploading a playlist and therefore assigned it to a generic 'guest_3' account.  That's been fixed.   Also, when you removed some playlists the system didn't clean up properly so remnants were left under a default user account.  That is fixed also.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 03:01:59 pm »

Full albums or several consecutive tracks from the same album aren't allowed under a radio streaming license.
I do understand that.

But we talked about this today and we may make a change that allows just the user who uploaded the album to play it.  Would that work for you?
Not really.  I was just thinking about contributing something for others to enjoy.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 03:04:49 pm »

I do understand that.
Not really.  I was just thinking about contributing something for others to enjoy.
Thank you.

Technically, it shouldn't have consecutive tracks from the same album.

How about taking the tracks you use to audition equipment and shuffling them?

hoegu

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 04:13:08 pm »

We will check.

Please consider using lower case titles.
Any special reason for that? I am doing this since day one and it`s 1800 albums since, a renaming would be quite a job! But main reason is having 78 years old eyes and they are quite pleased with my spleen. Thanks for sorting out the other thing, i was a bit baffled when i realized it!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 04:17:09 pm »

Because
in a list
they are considered
SHOUTING.

They're used for emphasis.

You can just change the names when you upload.

Or not.

hoegu

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 04:15:18 am »

Because
in a list
they are considered
SHOUTING.

reasonable

They're used for emphasis.

You can just change the names when you upload.

Or not.

sounds reasonable, i don`t want to be a "shouter"! Is there any possibility to change format on uploaded lists, or must i delete them first and  upload again? I have uploaded 21 lists in "shouter mode", i would also agree if somebody from JRiver would do it without my tinkering with the files to and fro!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 06:52:49 am »

sounds reasonable, i don`t want to be a "shouter"! Is there any possibility to change format on uploaded lists, or must i delete them first and  upload again? I have uploaded 21 lists in "shouter mode", i would also agree if somebody from JRiver would do it without my tinkering with the files to and fro!
We'll check.  If your eyes need help (mine do, too), then try changing the font under Tools > Options > Tree & View > Font.  Also try changing "Size" under the View Menu.  Also try Theater View (F11 or use the View Menu).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 12:18:57 pm »

If you've had playback problems in build 24, please try this work-around:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120167.msg832523.html#msg832523
Pages: [1]   Go Up