INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: viewing TV with mc25  (Read 986 times)

gerry125

• Recent member
viewing TV with mc25
« on: April 09, 2019, 03:41:44 pm »

Have a hauppageWinTV-quadHD tuner in my Pc, this works OK with Media centre 24, but following download and install of MC25 the selected TV channel is displayed, but the picture is frozen and no sound MC25 reports not responding

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: viewing TV with mc25
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 10:02:12 am »

Here are a few things you can try:

Restart computer.

Reinstall MC25 and restart computer.

Make sure MC24 is not running (check Media Server). 

Make sure the tuner is not being used by other software.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 02:24:31 pm »

have checked that only media centre 25 is running.
WinTV is running (not using any resources), but that is the case when MC24 is installed
Pc has been restarted many times.

Strangely enough it did work OK once yesterday after I responded No to the banner requesting software changes to be made to the Pc , that occurs when you select watching a TV channel, just wanted to see what files were being created. Following this I subsequently responded yes and all worked OK ( banner occurs twice, once for each file).

Have tried again today, and back to square 1 have swopped between 24 and 25 about 10 times and each time i get a frozen screen displaying the selected TV channel and have to end MC25 using the task manager as it is completely unresponsive

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 09:57:36 pm »

( banner occurs twice, once for each file).

What file?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 10:14:04 pm »

When you switch between different versions of MC (24 to 25 or vice versa), MC must perform some Windows registration stuff that requires you to answer "Yes" on the pop up.  When you then play a TV channel, you need to answer "Yes" twice - once when MC tries to register the TV time-shifting writer filter, once when MC tries to register time-shifting reader filter.  After answering "Yes" on both of these, TV should work.  You will not need to do this again unless you switch between MC24 and MC25 again.

To summarize: you need to answer "Yes" three times when you switch from MC24 to MC25 or vice versa.  Once when you start MC.  Twice when you view a TV channel.

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 04:18:17 pm »

Thank you. i was aware of the need to carry out these actions, but because i was unable to get the tv to function correctly, i answered no, so i could see what files were being created. on all other occasions when swapping between version i answered yes, but i still get a frozen screen no sound and mc25 not responding.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 05:33:01 pm »

Please install the latest MC25 and turn on logging.  Try viewing a TV channels and reproduce the issue.  Then collect the log files and email to me.  yaobing at jriver

gerry125

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 03:29:51 pm »

have installed the latest version of mc25  (x64) and tv now works ok, so not sure why, but thanks for your assistance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up