INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote does not set the duration of a song correctly  (Read 1664 times)

Wybe

• World Citizen
JRemote does not set the duration of a song correctly
« on: April 01, 2019, 03:43:39 pm »

I'm now on MC25.0.15 for Debian Stretch and JRemote 3.28. Already a long ago I noticed that JRemote does not set the duration of a song correctly. As a result of that, also the time slider does not move from 0.00 to the correct end time of a song. However, the song is played correctly and also JRiver shows the correct duration and thus sets the time slider correctly.

If nothing is playing and then I select a song all is well.

If songs are played from a playlist all goes wrong and the duration of a song is not set correctly.

What goes wrong?

Wybe

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote does not set the duration of a song correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 06:35:50 am »

Hello?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 04:01:46 pm »

What is the filetype?
Playing to what device? (Player zone on MC, a DLNA device or the local JRemote device)?
Are you transcoding??

I haven't personally seen this however we found an interesting bug regarding duration of streams today that fix is included in the latest beta for Linux (25.0.27).

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 05:47:31 am »

Apologies for the late response, but I was on holydays in France. Appreciate your feedback.

I'm on MC 25.0.34 (Linux 64-bit) now. Filetypes are wav, flac or dsf. Playing to a DLNA device (Bridge II of a PS Audio DirectStream DAC). Problem not solved. See attached screenshot of JRemote. On the Now playing view, track 5 (No You Keep It) is playing, but the duration of this track on JRemote (06:41) belongs to track 4. The duration of track 5 should be 04:30. Like I said before, all is well on JRiver itself, but not on JRemote. Is this a bug in JRemote? Is it correct to say that it has nothing to do with the attached DLNA device, because on JRiver all is played and displayed correctly?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 08:39:50 am »

Apologies for the late response, but I was on holydays in France. Appreciate your feedback.

I'm on MC 25.0.34 (Linux 64-bit) now. Filetypes are wav, flac or dsf. Playing to a DLNA device (Bridge II of a PS Audio DirectStream DAC). Problem not solved. See attached screenshot of JRemote. On the Now playing view, track 5 (No You Keep It) is playing, but the duration of this track on JRemote (06:41) belongs to track 4. The duration of track 5 should be 04:30. Like I said before, all is well on JRiver itself, but not on JRemote. Is this a bug in JRemote? Is it correct to say that it has nothing to do with the attached DLNA device, because on JRiver all is played and displayed correctly?
Getting the duration is pretty complex in this scenario.
The reason is that even if the call fails in the playback engine (like the renderer hasn't updated the duration) the display in MC will still be correct since it knows the duration. Even the slider will work if the position call fails since MC will count progress by itself.

JRemote however will show the info returned by the playback engine which gets it directly from the device.

A log might help here.

Another way to investigate this is to run Device Spy on your PC while doing playback and try a doing the GetPosition call on the rendering device. It will return the duration and current position.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 01:58:42 pm »

Let's try the log file first...

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 03:00:15 pm »

Some more information. I've installed Device Spy and can confirm that every time I invoke a GetPositionInfo the correct TrackDuration and RelTime is returned.

When I select a track while another track is playing the duration is set correctly.
When a track ends (without human interference) and the next track start, the duration is not set correctly.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 03:31:20 pm »

When a track ends (without human interference) and the next track start, the duration is not set correctly.
Is that in Device Spy?

And I assume the default option to use SetNext to play gaplessly is ENABLED?

What happens if you DISABLE that?

Right-Click on the zone
DLNA Controller options
DIsable SetNext support.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 04:38:44 pm »

When a track ends (without human interference) and the next track starts, the duration is not set correctly. ON JREMOTE
In Device Spy the TrackDuration is always as it should be, even if the duration on JRemote is not set correctly.

All DLNA Controller Options are checked, including Disable SetNext Support.
If I uncheck Disable SetNext Support the next track in the list will not be played and the music stops.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 09:09:28 pm »

Does Panel behave the same way as JRemote?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 08:43:14 am »

Does Panel behave the same way as JRemote?
That's a really good question. If so the bug really has to be in JRemote.

Wybe

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 11:11:31 am »

Panel does not behave the same way as JRemote. In Panel the duration is set correctly.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 01:46:35 pm »

Panel does not behave the same way as JRemote. In Panel the duration is set correctly.
Thanks we'll look at it some more...
Pages: [1]   Go Up