INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And Now for Something Completely Different -- JRiver Bingo SSDP App  (Read 807 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Edit:  Please see this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120679.msg834326.html#msg834326

Edit:  Bingo is now available on the Play Store.  It's $5.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jriver.bingossdp
--------------------

Bingo!  That's what's new.

Bingo is an SSDP app for Android.  You can use it to easily find devices on your network.

SSDP is Simple Service Discovery Protocol.  It's often used, but there aren't many user apps available.

It's working now, thanks to Brad. 
Screen shot below.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: And Now for Something Completely Different
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 12:23:10 pm »

Right now, the app creates an expandable list of devices that respond. You can click on a device to see more information. If it's a Media Center library server, it will also display the access key. If the device has a presentation page with a valid URL, you can click on the presentation page section to open the URL in a browser.

There is a $5 charge for it on the Play Store.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: And Now for Something Completely Different
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:16:00 pm »

Okay, that may help with working out why my TV doesn't always appear as a DLNA Renderer in MC, although BubbleUPnP shows it is there. It sounds like Brad had a Eureka moment!  8)

When might this be on the Play Store?

While the name is cute, a search even for "JRiver Bingo" brings up a whole lot of games. Perhaps JBingo, so that once installed on my phone, it is easier to find? Although I guess if it has the full name, "JRiver Bingo", then a search for "JR" will be good enough.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator

It still doesn't show up in a Play Store search, but you can find it with the URL in the first post, or by viewing the JRiver products.
Pages: [1]   Go Up