INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Idpi missing DLNA device vs. Win MC  (Read 1076 times)

Laleluli

• Recent member
Idpi missing DLNA device vs. Win MC
« on: May 16, 2019, 11:07:03 am »

I have a strange problem with a DLNA device on the Idpi MC version. Software is up to date. The device shows up in the Windows MC version, if I restart the device also on the Id and then vanishes during playing, but just on the Id. With another device, it works properly and stable. Any clue how to solve this?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Idpi missing DLNA device vs. Win MC
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 11:37:40 am »

I have a strange problem with a DLNA device on the Idpi MC version. Software is up to date. The device shows up in the Windows MC version, if I restart the device also on the Id and then vanishes during playing, but just on the Id. With another device, it works properly and stable. Any clue how to solve this?
What is the device that's vanishing?

Laleluli

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 12:31:16 pm »

Hi Bob, it is a Naim NAC-N 272 Network Streamer. IP address is fixed and I also tried to turn off/on the devices and Network/router. Works fine with MC 25 on Windows. Device is also shown in Spotify and the Naim app.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 09:42:41 am »

Hi Bob, it is a Naim NAC-N 272 Network Streamer. IP address is fixed and I also tried to turn off/on the devices and Network/router. Works fine with MC 25 on Windows. Device is also shown in Spotify and the Naim app.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
You are seeing it in Windows as a DLNA renderer (in the tree?)
If so, do this on through the Id GUI
Right-Click on any zone (ie Player) under Playing Now
In the menu go down to show/hide zone
Then under show see if your device is there... Perhaps it got hidden by accident.

Laleluli

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 02:09:09 am »

I managed to get it solved somehow. Cant' explain how it worked but what I did was to download a network scanning app on my phone (Fing for IOS) and scanned the network and all ports of the relevant DLNA players. Since then every player appears in JRiver, even my Denon AVR which never appeared before.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 09:25:02 am »

I managed to get it solved somehow. Cant' explain how it worked but what I did was to download a network scanning app on my phone (Fing for IOS) and scanned the network and all ports of the relevant DLNA players. Since then every player appears in JRiver, even my Denon AVR which never appeared before.
That certainly goes into the weird and unexplainable category.
Pages: [1]   Go Up